• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DJ54 OFFLINE  

DJ54

• Member No: 8535
  • 75 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 10:05 AM

A friend on mine's Father's estate auction is this coming Sat. There is a David Bradley with many sought attachments with it. One in particular is a planter, w/plates. He bought this tractor new. I do know from another friend, the hood has had a brush job paint job, but believe it to be in pretty decent shape otherwise. Doubt it has been ran for years, but has been stored in the barn.

Just thought I'd give a heads up, for those who may be interested.

Here is the link to the auction listing:http://www.auctionzi...3112&category=2

• panzersarebest said thank you

#2 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Don't see any pictures of the David Bradley

#3 DJ54 OFFLINE  

DJ54

• 75 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, was pretty disappointed they didn't have any pics of it. I don't think they know what it may be worth, in the right circle. I did mention to them to list the planter, w/plates. More concerned with the antique furniture I guess.

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 04:58 PM

the plates are worth well more than the seeder itself is. the plates alone of Ebay would bring 80to100 for the full set of 8. I can buy seeders all the time for less than 50, but they never have the plates with them.

#5 DJ54 OFFLINE  

DJ54

• 75 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 02:56 PM

I usually keep track of the plates when they show up on Ebay. Back in Feb./Mar., a nice set brought well over $400.00, and have seen it in the past bring that much, or close to it.

I have a new/never used planter, other than the one in my avatar, and a new, full set of plates, still in the envelope they came in. The planter has lost some of it's paint over the years, and some rust, from being stored in a shed. It is in the shop now, waiting to be redone. I put the plates away somewhere here in the house many years ago, to keep them from getting damaged. Not sure where they are now, as I moved out a couple years after buying it, and things have been moved since then. I know they are here somewhere, hopefully I'll run across them once the sorting process begins.

Just hoping someone buy's it, that will use it, or for a collection, and not go on ebay. I've got 14 myself, and don't see needing to buy another.  :) 

#6 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 09:59 AM

I usually keep track of the plates when they show up on Ebay. Back in Feb./Mar., a nice set brought well over $400.00, and have seen it in the past bring that much, or close to it.

Yes, I saw that too. Makes me feel fortunate to have a set.

#7 DJ54 OFFLINE  

DJ54

• 75 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 06:49 AM

Just in case anyone was interested in coming, Auction has been cancelled until further notice...