2 replies to this topic

#1 richwoodrocket OFFLINE  

16 year old JD lover

• Contributor
  • Member No: 57205
  • 147 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Had this husqvarna weed wacker a few days now, been working great.
It's replacing a troybilt, that literally destroyed itself. It's kinda hard to explain and I don't have any pictures of it because my temporary fix proved permanent. Anyways, that Troy bilt bronco was getting old and it had a hard time idling and you would really have to feather the trigger or it died.
Anyways, I was originally looking at the husqvarna 324LDX, since it's a four stroke and I hate the mixing of gas and oil, and I know it has a Honda engine. My grandpa has a tiller that has the exact same engine and I know that it runs great for a little four stroke.
The x in the model number means it's a professional grade unit, and it doesn't take consumer grade attachments, so that was a bummer because I needed something that would accept the tiller and edger I had for the troybilt. The 128LD was the only model that would accept these attachments and I didn't want to get another troybilt. (You get what you pay for.)
It really surprised me that husqvarna doesn't make a consumer model with the four stroke that would accept the trimmer plus attachments. I would think a lot of consumers would want a four stroke instead of a two stroke for ease of use.
It was really hard getting any husqvarna models in my area. I called all the dealers within 20 miles and only one had the 128LD but it was pretty far away.
That same dealer told me that he wouldn't even stock the husqvarna 324LDX because nobody buys them.
Well anyways the next day we were out by a lowes farther away and were able to snag one there.
One thing about this new husqvarna that's different than on the troybilt is that the husqvarna's clutch seems to slip a lot more when edging.
It starts very easily, usually only have to pull the string out 5 or 6 inches. I don't really like it on the back of the engine because the engine gets in the way trying to hold it while starting it but it's not a big deal.
Anyways, here are some pictures.
The green gas cap means E-tech, which means it had a catalytic converter.

Did these pictures work? They don't show up on my iPhone...
It's interesting why "your forum admin has turned off tapatalk photo sharing". I would think that tapatalk photos would be beneficial because it doesn't use any server space for the forum, only tapatalk.
Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Edited by richwoodrocket, July 21, 2014 - 09:09 AM.

• Trav1s said thank you

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,119 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:39 AM

No pics that I can see.

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,960 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:50 AM

The design reminds me on the good old Stihl...