#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 06:03 AM

Not so much the THD but might as well seeing as very little is different from the TJD.

I really have not looked into the Winnie market since rebuilding the AEN, the S12D is to this day trouble free :D , the TJD3 being the last of of that type before the ''modernization'', as far as new off the shelf parts is it there or has it been completely obsoleted ?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 07:19 AM

I have 5 - 2 cylinder Wisconsins but haven't run any of them in many years. I rebuilt an AENL almost 20 years ago and there was no problem from a dealer in the Hartford area. They may take a bit of work to find. Two of mine are parts engines that I salvaged off of old highway sanders. Old sander dealers may still have parts, farming supply places may too. Some old auto parts places may have parts too.

Twenty years ago a local hardware store was closing, he'd been in business since the 1920s. It was a going out of business sale. My brother was a regular so, he was told to look through the back storage area. He found a small room in the back that was full of N.O.S. parts for prewar cars.  My brother advised him to load it all up and take it to Hershe where he could get a good price for the stuff.

You just have to treasure hunt. Good Luck, Rick

• trowel said thank you

#3 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:04 AM

My friend has the green newer TJD with the white and blue Wisconsin tag, series 3 it looks but still retains the good old FM snap mag, Has not ran in years but stored inside dry, supposedly in good working order and hardly used,  he won't let it go for more then $400.00, i could of gone after a great looker/runner on CL for $250 from a Lindsay Compressor, i think THD and another for $300 posted same time, both are gone now.

A THD and a TFD on CL for a little while now, $100 each, looks complete but sat a while : http://westernmass.c...4541470058.html

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Wisconsin still produces a good  amount of parts for their older "Legacy" engines

I order from Wisconsin pretty regularly so if you need something let me know.

Many people think parts are obsolete for these engines but that simply is not the case :D

• Texas Deere and Horse, trowel and superaben have said thanks

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Wisconsin still produces a good  amount of parts for their older "Legacy" engines

I order from Wisconsin pretty regularly so if you need something let me know.

Many people think parts are obsolete for these engines but that simply is not the case :D

I quoted some S12D and S14D parts from them and was sent a list, lost the list when virus killed my old computer, this was around 7 years ago so figured it best to ask seeing as much has changed. 

I have not worked on a Winnie for a number of years, no need to, once everything is in good working order, set it and forget it, it will always start :D ................usually.

Brian, have you ever worked on the THD/TJD engines, if so is it more or less two AENL engine side by side ?

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 09:30 AM

The THD,TJD were 2 cylinder engines

The AENL was a single cylinder

I have never worked on either......

• trowel said thank you

#7 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:05 AM

I know, but why start from scratch when parts are already there, it would seem the piston, rod and valves trans from the AEN matches the THD/TJD but full confirmation would be needed.

Do you have carb kit for Zenith 68-7 ?

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:15 AM

Just checked, piston numbers are different......

I do stock the LQ33/LQ39 kits for the Zenith 68 series carbs

• trowel said thank you

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:20 AM

All I had to do to my TJD that I installed into one of my JBI Bush Hogs was clean/adjust the carb, mag, and repair a broken off head bolt.  It already had new innards just installed.  That was a good 7 years ago, but I bought the whole Yazoo mower for just $100!

• trowel said thank you

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:22 AM

Computer-fu,.. u fast, thanks.

Cool, if this works out you will be hearing from me :D

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#11 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 12:44 PM

All I had to do to my TJD that I installed into one of my JBI Bush Hogs was clean/adjust the carb, mag, and repair a broken off head bolt.  It already had new innards just installed.  That was a good 7 years ago, but I bought the whole Yazoo mower for just $100!

I came across your thread on the Winnie TJD/Brush Hog when you started, i must not have been around at the time, very cool.

• olcowhand said thank you