Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Its Amazing How Fast People Try And Copy What You Have!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 11:32 AM

For a while I was the only one who had these seals and grommets and now it looks like some people are trying to copy what I have been able to match to OEM specs  :D

As in most cases it appears they are just winging it and not using OEM sizes, Grommets are way off and the seals are thin cheap knock offs without a spring backing :rolling:

Mine:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2333164183

Theirs:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a404a52db

Mine:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item233c5b4281

Theirs:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c434d1eb6

I wouldn't mind but the parts that they are selling arent even correct for the applications which leads to more confusion for potential buyers, especially when they steal your description ! :wallbanging:

• trowel, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 11:51 AM

Contact ebay about that

• trowel and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 02:24 PM

The GOOD SERVICE and quality of an honest dealer is worth alot more than the savings of dealing with EPAY. You provide the service and there is little that you can do to protect people from others. Its life. Good Luck, Rick 

• Bolens 1000 and trowel have said thanks

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 02:26 PM

The GOOD SERVICE and quality of an honest dealer is worth alot more than the savings of dealing with EPAY. You provide the service and there is little that you can do to protect people from others. Its life. Good Luck, Rick 

:ditto:

Ebay almost views the seller as the "Bad guy" these days.

Your not allowed to do much of anything besides pay fees. Even when the buyer is at fault or dosent pay you are always viewed as the bad guy :(

• trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 02:45 PM

I provide GOOD SERVICE and good pricing on factory Bolens parts on ebay,look at my feedbacks,not all ebay sellers are out to take advantage of others

• boyscout862, GlenPettit, Sawdust and 2 others have said thanks

#6 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 893 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 06:21 PM

I provide GOOD SERVICE and good pricing on factory Bolens parts on ebay,look at my feedbacks,not all ebay sellers are out to take advantage of others

I have done business several time with blackjackjakexxis and he is a good honest seller. If he can get you parts I highly recommend him.  Just my two cents on this...Too bad about those people out there trying to copy what Bolens 1000 has done. There is always a bad guy out there somewhere. We are lucky to have good people to work with on the forum.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, the reason I started this business was to give people an alternative to get the correct & quality parts for their machines instead of the sketchy "Aftermarkets" that most sellers were offering and now it appears there are even more of them! :wallbanging:

The funny thing is these Ridemasters only used 2 grommets not 3, the throttle didnt have one so once again the wrong info is being put out there :wallbanging:

Not much you can do though, just hope the people know what the correct parts are and order accordingly..... :wave:

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Agreed, I was gearing this more towards the guys claiming to sell correct "Replacement" parts.......

#9 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, the reason I started this business was to give people an alternative to get the correct & quality parts for their machines instead of the sketchy "Aftermarkets" that most sellers were offering and now it appears there are even more of them! :wallbanging:

The funny thing is these Ridemasters only used 2 grommets not 3, the throttle didnt have one so once again the wrong info is being put out there :wallbanging:

Not much you can do though, just hope the people know what the correct parts are and order accordingly..... :wave:

. That's false info there all ridemasters used three grommets two down on the fender an one on the throttle kill switch plate All three are the same size that's why I purchased four of them from you the other day now I have one extra one. Not a big deal just want to make sure you know what is correct number needed
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#10 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Some people find it easier to copy a great idea than come up with one, as long as we know who started it we'll be sure to use the BEST

#11 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I wouldn't mind but the parts that they are selling arent even correct for the applications which leads to more confusion for potential buyers, especially when they steal your description ! :wallbanging:

eBay makes it so darned easy with their: Have one to sell? Sell it yourself  blurb.  Unless eBay change recently all the new seller has to do is click on it and it is all there for the taking

• MH81 said thank you

#12 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 07:58 AM

. That's false info there all ridemasters used three grommets two down on the fender an one on the throttle kill switch plate All three are the same size that's why I purchased four of them from you the other day now I have one extra one. Not a big deal just want to make sure you know what is correct number needed

What is the part number of the other grommet?

The manual only calls for 2???

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,318 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:08 AM

I went all the way thru the list of things you have for sale and didnt see one can of that JD Green paint you're putting on those Bolens... :poke:
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#14 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:14 AM

I went all the way thru the list of things you have for sale and didnt see one can of that JD Green paint you're putting on those Bolens... :poke:

Shhhhh it took years of research to come up with that.
  • Bolens 1000, DougT and MH81 have said thanks

#15 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:24 AM

What is the part number of the other grommet?
The manual only calls for 2???

. 1700214 is the grommet number for the one on the throttle plate It's in the manual not sure maybe it doesn't appear in the late model manual but I know they still used a grommet cause one of my late models that's original has the grommet Also the original grommets have a rounded edge as well