17 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 07:53 PM

head gasket wont be here until wednsday, hopefully that fixes the problem. this tractor has been a pita everytime i turn around its something else haha gotta love it!

That's why we mess with these things though. Gotta have something to keep us on our toes.
  • Brando said thank you

#17 Brando OFFLINE  

Brando
  • Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 10:52 AM

That's why we mess with these things though. Gotta have something to keep us on our toes.

You got that right and keeps me alive a little longer because im not in the house in the wifes hair lol

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#18 Brando OFFLINE  

Brando
  • Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 03:36 PM

Well, my head gasket came early and i had a rain day at work so i got to play with the sears today. Happy to say the ol girl is running good now after new head gasket and adjusting the air gap at the flywheel pin. i beginning to wonder if the air gap was was causing the break up because it was wide before i adjusted it because it ran better initially but still had the break up in the top rpms but not as bad so i think it was the to big of an air gap causing weak spark and at upper rpms it couldnt keep up...imo. I appreciate all the advice from everyone...

• HDWildBill said thank you