• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skidduht OFFLINE  

skidduht
  • Member No: 59750
  • 33 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have a sunstar 18 hp and the shaft the front wheel is on is all lose,the part the power steering piston pushes on to turn the wheels. is there a bushing in there i can replace? And what would the value of this tractor be? I have a mower and a plow. the tractor runs and work great. It not all shinny and pretty, she has done some work.but is in good working working order. thanx

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:14 AM

Unfortunately, no.  There is only one keyway in there also, that can get wallered out if they are allowed to become loose.  This is a weak point on these tractors.  Every single one I have had, has had either a loose steering arm, or one that has been hacked on by a previous owner, in an attempt to fix.  I have had two that were welded. 

If the key and keyway is good, and everything is snugged up, you should have a winner.  The spindle has a grease zerk for lubing, which lubes up into the steering arm as well.  Trouble is, the set screw also gets that lube and loosens.  Should definitely have had a double keyway on these, or even splined.

• Alc, Cvans and skidduht have said thanks

#3 skidduht OFFLINE  

skidduht
  • Member No: 59750
  • 33 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Thanx