• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Timehunter OFFLINE  

Timehunter
  • Member No: 11025
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 01:56 PM

Don't know if I can post this link, but..

If it works and anyone is interested.....

Here is a link to my rebuild project that is finally getting close to completion.

Have not had the time to finish getting all the pictures in the right folders....much

less annotate any of them.

The link is through my cell phone and at@t and Microsoft live.

The "final assembly" folder is the one that I will be mainly updating as I go along.

https://onedrive.liv...int=folder,.jpg

Still have to get some front tires, spindles, and hubs, to handle the FEL,.. then find a hydraulic pump and make my hydraulic cylinders, make a lighter bucket....hmmmmm still have a ways to go.......

• Alc and JDBrian have said thanks

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,278 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 02:06 PM

:welcome: to GTTalk
Looks like a nice PK, very nice. Thanks for sharing.
BTW, the only issue with one drive and places like photobucket are future broken links making threads nearly worthless over time. The photo upload is quite easy and a tutorial on it can be found here:
http://gardentractor...file-uploading/

#3 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Welcome.

That is a nice build, you sure do take a lot of pics, thanks for sharing!  :thumbs:

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Very nice PK. That must represent many hours of hard work.  It's amazing how many parts are used on one of those. I always figured they were a simple tractor and an easy restoration. Looks like that was a false assumption. Lots of great pictures. Thanks for posting. 

#5 Timehunter OFFLINE  

Timehunter
  • Member No: 11025
  • 6 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 04:17 AM

Re the photo links.

I understand about the photo links going bad....I don't know how long it will be good, or what causes them to go bad.

But in posting the photos here ....what I have on the links ...I think.. is about 2 1/2 gb of pictures.

This site has helped answer some questions for me ....so if my pictures will help someone else.. so much the better.

I would not, and frankly don't have the time or good enough equipment to pick and post the major photos in a timely matter.

So while the link is still good ...I hope it is enjoyable and helps someone.

A little more history.

This is really a poor-boy rebuild....

All I have really bought is paint, decals, clutch disc, gasket set, lights, tires, and a few other things.

Hmmmm, a little more than I thought.....I try to trade and barter for the things I need.

Like the folder "Rear end and final drive rebuild"...After making a deal on some new tires and rims.

The old ones were dry rotted and would tear up my yard. Well..I needed some lug nuts....didn't have the money, but I did have a piece of stainless steel hex shaft about 4 foot long that was 7/8" diameter, .sooo what the hey... make your own lug nuts....I kinda got carried away...

This project is looking pretty good and all that but after I finish the rebuild I would like to make one show or something then I really need to use it for the reason I rebuilt it. I am going to really use and abuse it for some projects I need done. Hopefully I can keep it good looking but I really need a tractor and this was all I could get. It also came with a lot of implements, no belly mower though.

You know the old saying..."you gotta run what you brung!"

I don't get online that much and am using satellite for the web. I will die of old age before we get cable out here. But if I can answer any questions....I will try!

Enjoy!

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 05:40 AM

Welcome to GTTalk   I have an older Jim  Dandy  1968 , it has the smaller frame then yours , hope you enjoy yours . 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rebuild, repair