18 replies to this topic

#16 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Twosteps gt14 has sparked my interest but I haven't had the opportunity to drive one

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Twosteps gt14 has sparked my interest but I haven't had the opportunity to drive one

I've owned one & very stout machines.  About the only thing I didn't like about it is the location of the hydro control lever.

As far as building your own ultimate GT....patience grasshopper...patience.  Without TONS of patience, it can never happen.   I started Hogzilla in January 2011, and she is still evolving, but close to completion.  Once I do finish it, it "might" get a paint job, but I may never get the time for that.  Long as she does what/how I want her to do, pretty is secondary.

#18 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:20 PM

So far the 990 has been my favorite gt. I think it would be the foundation of my build. I know the hydro is dying, the engine burns a little oil, and some other stuff is worn. I think as stuff dies I will replace it the way I want it to be.

#19 speedex99gt OFFLINE  

speedex99gt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10699
  • 43 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:08 PM

The john Deere Gt 242 is a nice machine the deck is easily removable they are quiet and they are comfortable, However they are not red but $20 dollars worth of spray paint would fix that. And as far as MTDs go I don't advise you or anyone to buy one, but if you are going to buy one anyways the 26HP 50'' cut Huskee isn't the worst machine MTD built. :smilewink: