25 replies to this topic

#16 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,320 Thanks
  • 1,112 posts

Posted August 03, 2014 - 06:28 AM

You have to remove the lift, and lift motor guard from the tractor. That round ring/tube on the side is what covers the motor. I personally have not pulled a lift motor apart, but it can be done.

Seems I was a bit off after further review of your pictures. Your blower (thrower ) has 4 attachment bosses, and my bracket only has 3, so my bracket will not work without modifying. I did notice that your blower dose not look like mine either, so I would question if you have a different year. I think you have an earlier model than what I have. For instance, my blower has a gear driven chute turret, and yours has a cable. My blower is from my 1969. You may want to scope out the manual section of the forum.

Here is a pic of the blower bracket for my application.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG1424.jpg

Edited by stiemmy, August 03, 2014 - 07:04 AM.

• MH81 and NyRedNeck have said thanks

#17 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• Member No: 6598
  • 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:44 AM

You have to remove the lift, and lift motor guard from the tractor. That round ring/tube on the side is what covers the motor. I personally have not pulled a lift motor apart, but it can be done.

Seems I was a bit off after further review of your pictures. Your blower (thrower ) has 4 attachment bosses, and my bracket only has 3, so my bracket will not work without modifying. I did notice that your blower dose not look like mine either, so I would question if you have a different year. I think you have an earlier model than what I have. For instance, my blower has a gear driven chute turret, and yours has a cable. My blower is from my 1969. You may want to scope out the manual section of the forum.

Here is a pic of the blower bracket for my application.

This is the tag on the blower. It is very different than my 2 stage Ford Blower

Attached Thumbnails

• Blower.JPG

#18 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,320 Thanks
  • 1,112 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 05:20 PM

That looks like an earlier model.

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 07:21 AM

I figured the Ford 140 was the same.  Was not aware the 120 is also interchangeable.  
The electric lift is giving me a bit of trouble.  It is real slow and sometimes does not want to cooperate.  Any adjustment or fix that you are aware of? 

On the lift, there is a large plug with a screwdriver slot in it. I took mine out and the motor ran great. Added some lube to loosen the old grease and it is running pretty smooth. Just need the rest of it to use it.

• NyRedNeck said thank you

#20 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 08:21 AM

On the lift, there is a large plug with a screwdriver slot in it. I took mine out and the motor ran great. Added some lube to loosen the old grease and it is running pretty smooth. Just need the rest of it to use it.

I will keep my eyes out for a spare for you and thanks for the tip.

• KennyP said thank you

#21 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Can you snap a photo or 2 of the plug?

• KennyP said thank you

#22 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 03:49 PM

I mounted my snow blower on my jake 1450.  I hit the switch to engage the PTO.  The blower started to spin and my belt popped off.  After putting the belt back on, the pto switch does not want to spin up the blower.

Any ideas?

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 05:46 PM

Can you snap a photo or 2 of the plug?

It'll be tomorrow!

#24 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • Member No: 83863
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 31, 2016 - 11:36 PM

In response to:

The electric lift is giving me a bit of trouble.  It is real slow and sometimes does not want to cooperate.  Any adjustment or fix that you are aware of?

I agree with Stiemmy's advice to-

Start simple when troubleshooting.

Make sure your linear actuator (which powers electric lift system) plugged in tight and is grounded perfectly to the frame. Note: If the ground wire is missing, one end connects to the small screws around base of actuator arm and the other mounts to the bolt holding the foot guard shroud by your toes. Mine gave me intermittent problems and then quit, I took it off then tested it (it worked), so I realized it was a lack of good grounding. Since I had it off, I took it apart and greased it. Works like a charm. Wish I would have checked the ground first- LOL! I realize this is an old thread, but responses may help others with the same issues.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC07653.JPG
  • DSC07654.JPG
  • DSC07655.JPG

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,525 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 05:11 AM

I have the motor for one of these. It wouldn't work at first. There is a large screw slot at the end of the fitting. Took that out and put a little oil in to looosen the grease and it now works fine.

#26 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:54 AM

Thanks to both Kenny P and GTfever.  It is an old thread and an old project but i still have this machine and look forward to cleaning it up and testing it.
Thanks for replying to old posts guys!!

• Rock farmer said thank you