Ive been going batty with all my projects and garage equipment in storage, leaving me with nothing to work on.
Last week my friend Jerome was able to save this tractor from going to the scrap yard but neither of us had any idea of what it was.
With help from forum members we found out that it is a Viking two wheel tractor that someone has made into a rider.
Here are the photos that Jerome posted to find out what it is.
Here are a couple of old advertisements for the Viking tractors.
And some tractors.
Marie and I drove over to Jerome's on Sunday to pick up this tractor.
As is often the case, I ended up bringing back more stuff than just the tractor.
Here is the truck all loaded up.
As I did with that Shaw two wheel tractor that had been converted to a rider, I plan on re-engineering this tractor and keeping it as a rider.
I told Jerome that I was thinking of putting a dump trailer on the back of this so he fixed me up with this nice old trailer box.
The tailgate has two spring pins on the left side.
If you release the bottom pin, the tailgate then pivots from the top pins and opens at the bottom.
If you release both pins, then you can swing the tailgate out and remove it altogether.
The underside has two support struts on it.
This homemade snow plow came with the tractor.
The gas tank is missing the neck for the cap and is rusty inside.
The other piece of metal is the air shroud for the top of the engine.
I was glad to see this as things like this usually end up dissapearing once they are removed from the engine.
There was an extra steering wheel that needs a little work but isn't too bad.
It's certainly better than the steering wheel that is on the tractor now.
A few levers that can always be used on something.
The lever on the far right, matches the lever that is on the tractor now to raise and lower the snow plow.
A pair of nice wheel hubs with tapered bearings.
I may use these for the rear wheel hubs under the dump box.
An extra tool bar lift spring for my Ridemaster tractor.
A bucket of parts.
Here's what was in the bucket.
Looks like all the missing parts off the engine are here.
That gets us down to unloading the tractor. ......
When we loaded it, the right rear wheel was froze up and wouldn't turn.
With three of us loading the tractor that wasn't a problem but could be a problem with unloading by my self.
I sprayed the hub with Brakeaway and let it set while I ate supper.
Then I went out and worked the wheel back and forth until it freed up.
Here it is starting down the ramps.
On the ground.
The tractor takes up so much room in the garage that I don't hardly have any room to move around it.
Edited by jdcrawler, July 14, 2014 - 08:27 AM.