• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • Member No: 49650
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 09:27 PM

I got a sneak peak at goodies of an upcoming auction.  

This old gentleman used to own operate Ma-Ma-o beach marine.  He's got a whack of stuff.  Boats & boat trailer parts, ( 48" vans of it.  He also sold snowmobiles, Yamaha, Motoski, Sno Jet, Skidoo. (Approx 20 various models of old snow machines.) garden tractor Husquavarna, BCS.  

Wood working shop. Full line of wood working tools.  Older heavy duty good quality.  Kenwood 42" var spd wood lathe.

MF tractor with backhoe.  Had tonne of work done on it last fall brakes bushings etc.  Runs like a top.  

You know where I'll be next Sat. :wave:

• coop, Gtractor and tinbender7 have said thanks

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 09:52 PM

The boss just called and you have to work next Saturday.....    Thats how it is where I work. 

:(

Good Luck and don't forget the camera! 

• tinbender7 and Alberta Bolens have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 05:20 AM

Sounds like a dangerous place for a full wallet to go! Let us know if you pick up any new stuff there. 

#4 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted July 19, 2014 - 11:43 PM

Went to the auction today.  Bought some treasures.  

Not sure what I'm going to do with 78 chair bottoms (some assembly required) with no legs,  They do kind of go with the tables with no legs.  $5

The tractor with mower deck and blade. Electrical issue of some sort, makes more sense to me $30

two lawn sweeps $25 pair

Parts washer $15

Little two wheel snowmobile cart $5

Tandem utility trailer $750

Going to be a while before I can look at husqvarna.  Let you know what I find when I do get to work on it.

Enjoy the summer

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20140719-00383.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00384.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00385.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00386.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00387.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00381.jpg
  • IMG-20140719-00382.jpg

• sacsr said thank you

#5 coop OFFLINE  

coop

• Member No: 669
  • 24 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Wish I coulda made it but had to clear out my mothers room. she has dimentia and was kicked out of the home due to her becoming violent and hitting the staff and other residences. Did you see the BCS stuff? They had a rotomower listed...was it a finish mower or rough cut?

Ihave some 1050 parts if you are interested    trans,rearend pto piecies.

Ian

#6 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted July 20, 2014 - 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your Mom.  That kind of thing is rough.  

BCS He had two machines.  One machine had roto tiller and sickle bar the other one had tiller, sickle bar and mower deck.  both started and ran nicely.

Yes I am interested in 1050 parts.  I have one needing transmission, PTO, and a seat.

I'm busy next couple weeks getting some work done to the house.  We family in Cochrane so I'm down that way often.

#7 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted October 09, 2014 - 10:57 PM

Up date on the Husquavarna It a 18 hp Kohler came with mower deck and a snow blade.  The PO had electrical issues with the head lights fixed that mowed with it. (It has no head lights.) Went in for lunch came out and it wouldn't start. Bought a zero turn.  Pushed the Husquavarna under some trees.  Fast forward several years until his auction were I bought it for $30  Hour meter has 410 hours.

I tried turning it by hand but couldn't get a grip on the pulley the engine seemed stuck.  I pulled the plugs poured some diesel down the holes put the plugs back and left it for 6 weeks.

​Tonight i decide to drag it up to the garage and see what was up wit it.  I pulled the plugs tried by hand again no go.  I put socket & ratchet on the front crank bolt.  Nothing no luck.  Decided to use 1/2 drive breaker bar.  Still no luck.  Hmm. Tried it the other way I thought I was loosening the bolt.  Whoop the engine was turning.

Poured some gear oil in the plug holes turned it over by hand several times.  Found a battery and booster cables hooked up and it turns over.  Whoop Whoop.  Even had spark.  Put the plugs in squirted some gas into the carb.  Few revolutions later it was firing.   :dancingbanana:  :firejumper: It will run if I'm squirting gas down the carb.  Engine sounds good.  

Next step is drain the gas tank put fresh gas in see if I can get it to run on its own.  Then change the engine oil see how it works I guess.

The starter seems noisy.  Im  wondering if the starter wasn't stuck engaged and thats why the engine seemed seized.  I put good torque  in one direction and as soon as I tried the other direction it turned.  

With  a little TLC I think it will be a good machine. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20141009-00491.jpg
  • IMG-20141009-00490.jpg

• Cat385B said thank you

#8 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 443 Thanks
  • 252 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 08:59 PM

Tonight I started the tractor again priming it with a squirt can.  There is a light on the dash showing gas pump.  I put gallon or two of gas in the tank primed it with squirt can again.   After about 30 seconds its running on its own.  Driving it around the yard.

Kind of think it was out of gas when the old guy shut it off and half burnt out the starter until it stuck engaged.  End result is the same I have a nice running $35 tractor.