#16 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 10:20 PM

George, The Plot Thickens............ I just tried to download 2 files from the Cud cadet section and they did download but then they came up all Encripted and unreadable....so just to test it I tried to download one of the David Bradley Files that i uploaded myself, and knew to be a good file...Same thing happened, it all came up encripted and unreadable. ???????????????????

*********Edited 10:40 PM***********

Think I got it now. I tried again and chose Save instead of Download and it worked! I was able to save the file to my desktop...Still Don't know what the heck I'm doing but I got the file I wanted downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DanO, February 03, 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 04, 2011 - 05:41 AM

They normally work opening them in your browser but it is almost always best to save them to your computer first and then open them. That way too it is saved.

Everyone's computer behaves differently so it does make it tough to get it to work in every situation. Maybe try it again today and if it works then we might be alright.
  • DanO said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,585 posts

Posted February 04, 2011 - 08:26 AM

I wonder if using Google Chrome for your browser would help you... It saves everything into a folder named "Downloads". It won't change much if your problem is the reader, but it works much better for me. I can find stuff later easier too.
  • DanO said thank you

#19 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 04, 2011 - 08:46 AM

Thanks George & Everyone Else.........I will try that later, but for now I'm happy with doing it this way, long as I get my files somehow. I realy Do appreciate all the time and help you all spent walking me through this glitch , I'm sure there will be more in the future, no doubt....As little as ten years ago I never would of believed I'd be solving Mechanical Problems with the help of a Computer! Funny thing is, when i solve a problem on my computer, I never realy feel the sence of pride or accomplishment, like you do solving a hands on mechanical problem, i just feel more Dependent On The Computer. Guess that's the difference between an old "Greesemonkey" like me and a "Trained Technician". This Old Dog is having a hard time learning new tricks.........
It just struck me, I have Three 6 ft. shelves in my workshop FULL of Chilton & Other Repair Manuals for every car , truck , mower & engine I ever owned and i don't even hardly look at them anymore! Like everyone else, I just "Google" my problems away....Before this "Computer Age", Those were my Bibles! Now they just Collect Dust but I'll never get rid of them....they're about the only books I've ever enjoyed reading!

Edited by DanO, February 04, 2011 - 08:49 AM.
spelling

#20 nova ss OFFLINE  

nova ss

• Member No: 1473
  • 8 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted February 09, 2011 - 08:38 AM

me to had to install adobe reader in mine haven,t tried it yet tried twice yesterday but used up my 2 times don,t feel bad i dont know basics or lingo

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2011 - 08:43 AM

me to had to install adobe reader in mine haven,t tried it yet tried twice yesterday but used up my 2 times don,t feel bad i dont know basics or lingo

Best thing to do when downloading the manuals is to choose to save them to your computer and then open them. Sometimes when just choosing open it doesn't work. Especially if you don't have a pdf reader. The images are easier but most of the manuals and brochures are in pdf format.

You only have a couple more posts till the system bumps you to full member from new member.

#22 Imrtoy OFFLINE  

Imrtoy

• Member No: 5882
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 12:56 AM

I couldnt download a manual on my ipad.

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,585 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:18 AM

I couldnt download a manual on my ipad.

Safari lite doesn't support something in the manuals section. I can download them, but they are gibberish. I consider this another irritation of an iPad, no flash support, not all PDF files open right.

Just so you know, it's not you, it's the iPad.

EDIT
I tried several different PDF apps, result is still the same. I had tried when we got the iPad, but thought I'd try some new apps... Same result.

Like I said, it's not you it's the iPad... If anyone does stumble upon a way, please let us know.

Edited by MH81, August 28, 2011 - 08:33 AM.