#1 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 09:44 AM

I just tried, several times to download one of the manual and it keeps telling me that it has Compatability issues...tried a couple of other manuals and got the same thing...I tried to check the reason on line but am not well versed at all in these things and am allways hesitant about Downloading things I don't need or want, or understand why.... Can someone shed some light on this problem, is it common? If so, Can you walk me through this?
Thanks, DanO'

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 09:51 AM

There have been glitches from time to time, but soon as George sees this post, he can address it & get back with you on it. Be patient, help WILL be along.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Does it seem to download, but have problems opening them?

If so, you probably need to update/upgrade your pdf reader. There are many alternatives to Adobe Reader so do a little research 1st.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:15 AM

Dan, can you tell me what browser you are using?

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:23 AM

Does it seem to download, but have problems opening them?

If so, you probably need to update/upgrade your pdf reader. There are many alternatives to Adobe Reader so do a little research 1st.

I am going to have to agree with Alan. Sounds like you might need pdf reader. You were able to upload some manuals so I don't think downloading them is the problem but opening them is.

Here is a link to Adobe Acrobat Reader: Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

Here is a link to Foxit Reader: Foxit Software - Foxit Reader for Windows
This one is alright, it is faster then adobe but I believe there is an ad at the top right on the free version.

#6 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:48 AM

Guys, In All Honesty, I was Hesitant to even post this problem because i knew i would get asked questions that i couldn't answer.....and I know how frustrating it is trying to help someone who is totally in the dark...When it comes to Computers, Seriously, "I Don't Know 'Nuttin, I'm a Dummy" . Here's a sample of my ignorance....
Browser???? I have No idea what a Browser is! and I'm Not kiddin' ...If you mean the internet service i use I think it's Mozilla Firefox... anyway...I will try to download these things you posted here but have little confidence that i will succeed. I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for the help , DanO'

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 10:53 AM

It's alright Dan, we are here to help. Yes a browser would be what you use to surf the web with, whether it be firefox, internet explorer or google chrome.

As for the pdf readers, I would go for the adobe acrobat reader which is the first link in my other post. Once that is downloaded you will double click on the file to start the install and it will walk you through the rest of it. Once that is installed you should be able to view the manuals that you download.

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 11:22 AM

Dan,take it from me,You WILL pick up on these things.I didn't know the first thing about using a computer not much more than a year ago,didn't even know how to turn one on if it didn't say "ON". :laughingteeth: Now,with the help of these great guys here,( a million thanks by the way ) , I don't do bad at all.It will just take a little time,but you'll get it.

#9 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Allright guys......I've tried 4 times now to download the Acrobat reader PDF Upgrades and it starts out great, loads 100 % and then tells me i have to close the files for acrobat reader 7 before I can continue ...But I have No files open? I don't understand at all what i'm doing wrong..... It just won't let me finish it.
I realy think i have to just wait until i can get someone here to walk me through it, hands on.
Gotta take a break from it before i do something i'm gonna regret..........think I'll Go Outside & Play with My Tractor for a while....

#10 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 11:52 AM

Allright guys......I've tried 4 times now to download the Acrobat reader PDF Upgrades and it starts out great, loads 100 % and then tells me i have to close the files for acrobat reader 7 before I can continue ...But I have No files open? I don't understand at all what i'm doing wrong..... It just won't let me finish it.
I realy think i have to just wait until i can get someone here to walk me through it, hands on.
Gotta take a break from it before i do something i'm gonna regret..........think I'll Go Outside & Play with My Tractor for a while....

Walk away from the computer DanO....walk away! :bigrofl: Believe me, we ALL have been through the same kind of pain/frustration.
  • ace69xxx2000 said thank you

#11 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Nothing like a couple of hours wrestling a David Bradley up & down a snow & Ice covered driveway a few times to clear a man's head, ( and break his back) Well Guys I did it....Kinda...I managed to download the acrobat pdf file you posted here and was on good terms with Mr. Computer again (Briefly) & was all excited about trying to download the manual again and now I've been told I've been been SHUT OUT!
When I try to download any file it tells me I've met my limit of 2 files a day...I didn't download any files yet???? Besides that I have had plenty of post to have permission....Once again I am very confused and ready to introduce Mr. Computer to Mr. Louisville Slugger ..........

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 03:55 PM

Dan, when I get home I will dig in to this some more. I have been wanting to upgrade the manuals section to a different software because of the problems we have been having with it. I will dig in to it some more tonight and see about getting the new software setup and the files imported and we can test it out.

#13 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 04:55 PM

George, I really am sorry if I opened up a can or worms with this.....No Need for you to go crazy with it. I can wait.

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 06:15 PM

Its not a problem. It is something I have been meaning to do but haven't taken the time to do it yet. I might not have the new software setup for a day or two but in the meantime if you don't mind try again tomorrow because the stats will reset.

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hey Dan,
If you get a chance sometime soon can you try downloading a manual and see if it works for you now?