Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I'm Always Here For You When You Need Me......

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:53 AM

I sit here in your garage just waiting for the opportunity that we can spend together, and that I can make you proud. I enjoy our time together so much, that I will give you 100% each and every time you call on me. Sure, there are times when I can't always be my best, but you always seem to know what is wrong, or you can always find a way to make me better. Sometimes better than I was before. Because of your way of taking care of me, I in turn want to take care of you. You and I make a great team, and we are lost if we don't have each other. I'm no good without you, and you are no good without me. 

When I'm not able to run my very best, I feel like I'm really letting you down. You call me names, and sometimes you even kick my tires. You'll complain and say that I'm no good, and at times, threaten to sell me or trade me in on another model. During these times, I hurt. Eventually though, you will take me apart, replace my broken parts, and fix me better than new. For these times I'm very grateful and honored to have you as my owner. You handle me with caring hands, and always make sure that you only use the best or correct parts and belts on me. I have been loyal to you for many many years, and even though you talk harsh to me sometimes, I know you will always be loyal to me.  

For the past couple of years, I have seen other tractors come and go, and some that have been here almost as long as I have. But no matter what, you always seem to want to spend time with me the most. I know I'm not your favorite, but when you pick me to do the chores, I can't help but feel like there is no other tractor in the collection. 

I recently started showing my age, and though most owners would have sold me or traded me away, you showed me your loyalty by taking me completely apart, cleaning each and every part of me, and repainted me. I know you were happy, although I wasn't much good to you in pieces, as you always showed me a smile whenever you found the time to work on me. You handled all of my parts as if they were glass, and assembled me carefully like you were handling fine china. I saw the love you had for me, and I finally understood just how much you really appreciated me. Now I'm all shiny with a fresh coat of paint, new tires, and brand new decals. I feel like I was able to bring new life to you, just as you have done for me. 

Since you restored me, I don't get to spend as much time with you anymore, at least around home. I mostly sit in the garage all covered up, and at times, I feel deserted or lifeless. Just when I think you have forgotten about me, the garage door opens up and I'm loaded on a trailer. You take me to a place that has a huge field full of other tractors like me, and I can't help but wonder is this it? What is going to happen to me? Is our partnership over? Eventually I'm parked between other tractors and I'm forced to blend into the crowd. It's times like this that make me feel deserted. All of these strangers walking past me, checking out my every detail, and talking about me like I was being offered to them. Now I can't help but wonder if I'm being sold. Is this the end for me and my owner? Will my new owner treat me as good as my old owner? For this my heart saddens. But low and behold, you come back to me carrying a big trophy and a ribbon, and a crowd gathers around me telling you how nice I look and offering you Congratulations. Our relationship is now mended, and we are like peas and carrots again. You didn't desert me or sell me, and once again, I was finally able to return the love to you that you have shown me.

I know I'm not used as much as your truck or car, and sometimes it will go weeks until I see you. But when you do find the time for us to be together, just remember I'm always here for you when you need me. Patiently waiting and wanting to work with you again, no matter how long it takes. 

Sincerely,

Your Tractor

Edited by johndeereelfman, July 13, 2014 - 03:43 PM.

• NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000, MH81 and 14 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:10 AM

Ummm! You can GET physchiatric (sic) help for problems like this you know!   Thinking your tractors are Living things.....Hmm!

• tinbender7 and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:19 AM

nice little story there Troy!

I now feel as If I should go out and uncover all my restored machines, fire them up and give them a hug :D

:smiley-score010:

Only a true Tractor nut will understand :D

• Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, trowel and 6 others have said thanks

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 12:07 PM

nice little story there Troy!

I now feel as If I should go out and uncover all my restored machines, fire them up and give them a hug :D

:iagree:

Ben W.

• johndeereelfman, trowel and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#5 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 01:35 PM

I am glad someone feels this way about theirs, today I just wanted to :deadhorse:  my little work mule is really starting to piss me off trying to track down electrical problems.

• trowel said thank you

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 02:21 PM

This was good. Everytime I walk into my garage my Cub 1250 looks like it's saying all I need is a governor rod & you have completely torn down two others. I guess some of us need more help than others. I don't think I'm curable though.
  • johndeereelfman and trowel have said thanks

#7 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 04:56 PM

Have you ever considered writing as a living?

Nice story :thumbs:  :thumbs:   now I'm gonna have to go back out to the shop and check that everybody is tucked in just right cause I'm won't see any of them for a while because I'm on duty the next 5 days and next weekend  happens to be The Packard National Meet, so guess where I'm gonna be.

• johndeereelfman and trowel have said thanks

#8 hvychevy2o OFFLINE  

hvychevy2o
  • Member No: 8746
  • 23 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 10:03 AM

great job i am going to share this with my wife

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted July 14, 2014 - 11:36 AM

Nice write up Troy. Put some b&w pictures with it and it could be a coloring book :D
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#10 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 07:57 PM

I bought you many many years ago, just because you looked good and the price was right. And though the years, you and I have done so much together. So much, that my wife thinks that I love you more than her. (Just between you and I, you are a really close second) You came with a mower deck, but since the spring and summer months didn't seem to last very long, I searched for a long time in finding you a snowthrower, just so we could have more time together. 

Although you were my number one work tractor, I found a lot more tractors that caught my eye, not so much that I wanted them, but because I felt at the time that I could make some money off of them if I decided to resell them if I ever got into a money pinch. Yes, some of them look really good, and yes some of them are worth a lot more than you are, but I always liked working with you the best. I have to be honest though, there were times when you really made me made. Those times were when I needed you the most, or wanted to spend time with you, as I really needed to get out of the house. I know you're just a tractor, and you don't have feelings, but you need to understand that when I'm using you to do chores around the house, you somehow have a way of relaxing me and make it possible for me to forget about my rough day at work. I know it's kind of weird, but you're like my best friend. That's why I'll do whatever it takes to fix you when you're broken, and spend long hours to get you running again. I take care of you, like you take care of me.

Just recently you started to show rust, and your paint was really starting to fade bad. I made up my mind that I was going to restore you and make you look good again. I did my research and found a great website called GTtalk.com and learned everything I could, about what it takes to bring you back to life again, and to be able to give you the best paint job possible. It took sometime to learn, but when I started, I gave you my full 100% commitment. My wife wasn't happy about the cost it took to give you all new parts and pieces, but she eventually got over it, and realized that I could be spending it on a lot of other things that wouldn't have been good.

Well, you are all done, and I'm very proud of how you look. I think you look better than new. Again I did some research and found that there is a local tractor show near by, so I thought I'd load you up and go to it. After we arrived there, only then did I realize that there are trophies and ribbons given out for the best restored tractors. I wasn't sure if we would stand a chance, but I figured you and have nothing to lose, so I entered us. Later that afternoon, I was on the other side of the fair grounds waiting in line for a hot dog and Pepsi, when I heard over the loud speaker that you and I won first place for best restored. I was so thrilled, that I cancelled the hot dog and Pepsi, and ran right to you so I could place the ribbon on your steering wheel. You made me so proud! 

Since then, there were a couple of guys that wanted to buy you, and even though they offered me some really good money, I had to turn them down. All I could think of is the times that you and I spent together mower grass and removing snow. The weather wasn't always comfortable, but you always worked hard and got the job done. Since owning you, you have changed my life so much. I have a lot more appreciation for things, I have developed quite an eye for detail, and my wife tells me that I seem to be more relaxed and easier to talk to. Some folks say these changes have nothing to do with you, but I have to argue that point. 

Now days, I don't use you much anymore for work chores as I don't want to ruin your fresh paint. I'll admit, I do use another tractor now, but rest assured it can't compete with you. You'll always be my old reliable, and you'll always be my favorite. Being my favorite is mostly the reason I take care of you so well. I will still run you from time to time, and we will go to a lot of shows, but I promise you, you will never have to work again in your life. You look good, and I want to keep you that way, as you are my pride and joy.

I miss our time together,

Your Owner for always!

• NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks