#46 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 08:43 AM

Awol, great job on striking a deal on a new Bolens. She looks to be in great shape and the snow caster is in really good shape too. Sucks that you had the weather you did to go get it but I am sure you feel it was worth it in the end :D

I hate trying to move the hydro tractors that don't have a release. Just go slow with it. You can feel them start to load up the pump if you are going to fast.

Thanks George, It moves easier now that I pulled engine. I have the engine in my basement now and trying to figure out how to cleaning it, but I think it needs to be pressure washed and might have to wait til spring.

#47 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Thanks George, It moves easier now that I pulled engine. I have the engine in my basement now and trying to figure out how to cleaning it, but I think it needs to be pressure washed and might have to wait til spring.

I hate trying to clean em. Even with a pressure washer a lot of times it just moves the grease around. I would love to have a heated pressure washer but they cost $$$ LOL. I used to use a commercial grade degreaser when I had my tractor trailers and it worked pretty darn good. I didn't keep it though when we moved because it was a 55 gallon drum and I didn't have the room for it at the time.