• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,714 Thanks
  • 864 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 11:26 PM

Hi All; hope everyone is having a safe and happy summer, well i did it again, i bought another gt and its not a horse. its a gravely g16 pro, tin is in good shape, paint faded, 16 hp kohler magnum twin that runs really well, hydrolic lift works good, 8 speed with high and low, it came with a shaft driven deck thats seen better days but the spindles and gear box are good and move easily. it also has 2 brand new tires on the rear,the owner bought it new in the late 80s for around 11k, i gave her $250, just to cover the new tires. now the bad, as i said the deck is toast but it looks like i can convert a wheel horse deck over as the tin looks the same but i cannot get the mower to engage, i checked the tranny fulid levels, ok, and the linkage, ok. i really dont want to get into a tranny rebuild unless its not to expensive for parts, also i noted it was sluggish getting it to go up the ramps onto my trailer. any thoughts, fix, pull the new tires and sell it, part it, someone told me to sell the gear box, drive shaft, and spindles as they should fetch $250 - $300, is that true? i hate to take a tractor apart unless its beyond repair but i do have a c160 without a motor and the twin 16 would be nice in it, thanks for your opinions and thoughts, they are always welcome. farmer john

#2 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 08:10 AM

I'd just about bet that you can flip it without doing much more than cleaning it up a bit and taking pics and putting it on craigslist.  I don't know the ins and outs of the transmissions on those tractors, but everything is pretty heavy duty.  Don't part it out, whole working Gravelys list for a whole lot more than you paid for that one.

• farmer john said thank you