6 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 09:25 PM

Does anybody know if you can add a valve spool to a 2 spool valve to make a 3 valve? Looking to add hydraulic swing left/right on my new snowblower like the new john deere snowblowers. Only other thing I could do is install a shutoff valve inline to (shut off)3PT thus use that valve to run my chute then? Rather install a 3rd valve though......have the correct side counsole for the lever. Its not really necessary just a little modern upgrade! LOL! Thanks Luke

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 09:51 PM

Yes, and easy to do. Just need longer bolts, and another valve section, plus the needed O-rings between. You just use the end plates that you already have. The plastic at the 2 existing valves has a place to add the valve, which has to be cut out.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#3 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 10:04 PM

Awesome! You don't know off the top of your head of anyone with the necessary parts to complete the job do ya? I've seen them available on ebay a time or two but they don't come up for sale very often. Got the blower all hooked up and test ran it last night(dry run).......we are now getting pounded with snow and 30mph winds.......hopefully get to try it out tomorrow if it quits blowing! It makes the MF #12 and 620 blower look like a baby! Luke

#4 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Luke if you are interested here is what I did with mine, I got tired of cranking that little lever although fast enough to turn the chute it was very hard at times. I was able to acquire the winch from the local box chain store here for $35. It is working quite well the way it is, but the guide bar is suppose to run up against the side of the winch, but I did not want to cut of the angle iron that works with the original crank just yet. I think I will be doing that this weekend. The guide bar has a coulpe of small shives that I had around, but if you used round spacers I think they would work just as well, I put a couple of slotted holes in the winch and use them for tightening the wire rope.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01471[1].jpg
  • DSC01467[1].jpg
  • DSC01468[1].jpg
  • DSC01470[1].jpg
  • DSC01469[1].jpg

#5 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 PM

Thanks ErnRemy.......great job.....that might be the way to go! I haven't priced parts at deere yet(might scare the warts off a frog!)and I'm sure going your route would be cheaper plus looks and works good! Looks like a keeper of an idea to me! LOL! Luke

#6 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 04:30 AM

Luke, Sears used the same valves on their loaders. I have the same ones on my 2 WrightWay loaders, and I think KwikWay and Johnson used the same ones back in the 70's. The ports are all tapped for different fittings than the MF version, but that's no big deal,

I bought a set at Sears, but that was over 30 years ago when I was just starting to play with hydraulics on my MF12H. IIRC the price was high, almost C.$150.

I doubt if you can find new ones, but you can try. Maybe MF still has them.

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 05:46 AM

Luke if you are interested here is what I did with mine, I got tired of cranking that little lever although fast enough to turn the chute it was very hard at times. I was able to acquire the winch from the local box chain store here for $35. It is working quite well the way it is, but the guide bar is suppose to run up against the side of the winch, but I did not want to cut of the angle iron that works with the original crank just yet. I think I will be doing that this weekend. The guide bar has a coulpe of small shives that I had around, but if you used round spacers I think they would work just as well, I put a couple of slotted holes in the winch and use them for tightening the wire rope.

That's a pretty good idea.:thumbs: