Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

What are some things that you have hit while snowblowing?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 632
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 08:12 AM

thanks a bunch! looking forword to learning alot and talking with guys that share my interests as well!

#17 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,451 Thanks
  • 17,089 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 07:56 PM

Figured it was about that time to get this thread going again :D

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:00 PM

Oh, this is an oldie but a goody. Everyone is bound to hit something this year. :D :poke:

#19 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Idk when i did this, but one year I lost a tire chain off my tractor. So the next day i used the walkbehind because the tractor went nowhere without the chain. SO now i'm pussing back a pile from yesterday, and i hit something that stopped that lil 5hp Tecumseh dead. I pull it back, lo and behold, its the tire chain i lost yesterday lodged in the auger.

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1407
  • 59 Thanks
  • 301 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:33 PM

Havn't got to use my castor yet. :itsok: but down in Va. I hit a 10" long piece of 1/4" chain In the fenced in back yard with the push mower:confuse: It didn't even throw the chain, but the mower jumped about a foot and a half up and stopped it cold. I finished the yard at idle with a bent shaft then put it to the curb. It sat there for over two weeks before someone took it lol. everyone in the area knew If I threw something out it was beond any hope of repair :D

#21 justwalt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1318
  • 4 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'll be using my blower this winter when the B-10 is done... looking forward to hitting nothing, but, when I was 18... I had a shortened 2 seat tube frame VW buggie, (road legal), had a tool bag strapped to the 1/4 keg fuel tank... while jumping the thing over a small stone wall in my yard, there was a loud bang, and something wizzed past my head and landed about 50 feet ahead of me... sounded like a bullet ricochet. When I drove up to retrieve the thing, it was my brand new vise grips, (8"), snapped in half!!! It had jumped out of the tool bag and went into the open fan shroud.

Lesson; always put a screen on the VW fan shroud.

#22 randyhob OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1449
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 03, 2010 - 11:02 PM

newspaper, extension cord, rocks, ice, rope

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 02:33 PM

At our old house we used to get dumped on a lot more than where we are now. It got so bad one winter that I started taking the snowblower up on the deck rather than shovel it. On day after a huge storm I was doing just that. I didn't realize my wife has put a bag of veggie scaps for the compost pile out the night before. I hit that with the blower and it was like I had an 8hp salad shooter! Didn't hurt anything but it made a mess!