4 replies to this topic

#1 humnbass OFFLINE  

humnbass
  • Member No: 60029
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 12:25 PM

Guys/Gals,

I've found myself in between a rock and a hard place.  I'm looking to getting my first antique garden tractor and have found 2 that I can't make my mind up about.  the first is a Allis Chalmers B207 with mowing deck.  It has a couple of issues but overall looks pretty decent and will run.  The other is a Wheel Horse B207 that hasn't run in some time and does not have a deck or any other attachments.  I was kind of leaning towards the Wheel Horse due to the larger engine but it will require more work.  Money is not really an issue because both owners want to trade these tractors for my Dynamark 18/42.  So I would appreciate if you guys can steer me in the right direction.  Whichever one I decide to get will be used as a mower in addition to whatever else I can use it for working around the barn.

thank you.

• tinbender7 said thank you

#2 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 02:07 PM

I am biased towards AC so I may not be the best for advice. I will say the AC HB212 my dad had was the best cutting machine I have ever used. The AC is probably a Briggs so a larger Briggs would most likely mount in there pretty easily if so desired...and you can find one. 

#3 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 02:48 PM

The B207 is a rather scarce AC, and ahs slick styling.  Probably not worth a whole lot, but a nice riding mower.  They use the same mid and front attachments as any similarly sized Simplicity or other AC of the era....there are several decks that fit it, spanning over 10 years of manufacture.

I don't know anything about the WH

Here is my B-208...nearly identical in every way to the B-207.  Do you have pictures of either machine?

http://gardentractor...ne-inlocal-fun/

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140202_095437.JPG

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 11:09 PM

I prefer Horses, but have not heard of a B-207?? B series I have one. ARe these later LAWN tractors then? Vertical engine in the Horse?

#5 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 07:56 AM

I prefer Horses, but have not heard of a B-207?? B series I have one. ARe these later LAWN tractors then? Vertical engine in the Horse?

Grumpy, the B207 iwas with the  208/210/212's. I think 1969 or so, Mr Talented can give more specifics I would imagine.

I have either a 69 or 70 HB212. 

While a lower HP tractor and a little lighter, they are NOT lawn tractors!  :thumbs:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allis chalmers, wheel horse, raider 12, b207