• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 10:20 AM

Wow, that's a scarey thing to come home to. Ice is the worst. Lucky you didn't get more damage. Very Smart to take lots of Pics for the insurance Co. Is that a Willow tree? Those are the worst threat to come down.

Not willows, maples and oaks loaded down with ice. Those branches are usually up high enough I can walk and drive under them.

I took picture incase there was enough damage to turn into the insurance. Dont think the repair will even come close to the deductable so I will just fix it.

My truck had been parked next to the shop for weeks, but I used it sunday to go get a generator and had parked it somewhere else. Got lucky there.

#32 DanO OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 10:37 AM

You realy got lucky with the truck......I had a simular thing happen years ago and the Insurance Co, paid not only for the damage to my house but the Clean-Up and also removal of two trees that were damaged. That alone was worth it to me. I wouldn't be to quick to do the repairs until you add it all up, in the long run you may come out ahead with a whole new roof & more.

#33 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 03, 2011 - 10:53 AM

Every once in a while,we get an" ice storm",but haven't had one in a few years.

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,703 Thanks
  • 28,346 posts

Posted February 04, 2011 - 12:31 PM

My wife said I should change my plans and put my stove pipe exit there since I had been to chicken to make a hole in the roof.

:bigrofl: Tell her I thought that was funny! Hope you get cleaned up & repairs done soon & easy.