#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 06:23 AM

Jeez, trying to keep my head above the water.

Valves in the compressor both heads had seized open, brought it back, pulled the heads and freed up everything, as you see the compressors are reaching the end of it's working life.

Water separator sight level needs new gasket, needs a good wash and blow down, oil change, carb cleaned and kicked back into service until replaced hopefully soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1243.JPG
  • DSCF1244.JPG
  • DSCF1245.JPG
  • DSCF1246.JPG
  • DSCF1247.JPG
  • DSCF1248.JPG
  • DSCF1249.JPG

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,315 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 06:52 AM

They sure don't make them like that anymore!!  Pop the valve loose with a rubber hammer and remove the Keepers/valve springs and remove the valve and clean it up.  Then generously lube the valve guide and hook a reversing hand drill to it and work the valve up and down while turning it and that should free up any crap in the guide.  Check the valve face and seat and lap it in as well as you can then clean out things well, lube and reassemble.  Nice rig there!

• Alc, trowel, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#3 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 07:05 AM

Single stage all cast iron V-twin, steel pistons, stellite intake valves, disk poppet exhaust valves, around 3 in bore x 3 1/2 in stroke, 25 CFM off the pumps, this will keep up with the two stage V-twin Ingersoll Rand. Wish i could rebuild it.

Pulled everything apart and cleaned it as you stated, all together and working now, carb needs a good cleaning.

There's no replacement for large displacement.

Edited by trowel, July 09, 2014 - 07:07 AM.

• Alc, boyscout862 and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#4 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,057 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 02:16 PM

For sure they don't make em like that anymore--heavy duty and made to last almost forever.

Wish I had a dollar for every hour that machine has run in its life.

Bill

• trowel and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 10:46 AM

For sure they don't make em like that anymore--heavy duty and made to last almost forever.

Wish I had a dollar for every hour that machine has run in its life.

Bill

You would be fithy rich, me too ! now it serves as standby, my lighter and more portable Emglo relaced the Lindsay but i never really deticated to selling it.

Herby dubbed ''obnoxius'' and for very good reasons, nothing like the new compressor pumps, sounds like a semi truck jake breaking down a hill when loading the tanks.