Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for March 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 01:57 PM

Come on guys!

Someone must have a Garden tractor they can nominate!!!!

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 03:28 PM

I wasn't planning to enter, but I want the roster expanded too. So I'll throw in my Massey MF12H. It is a hydro, 1967 model. It is also the 44th of the model to come off the assembly line. I bought it near "Bean Blossum" Indiana, just north of Nashville, Indiana around August of 2004 for I believe was $203. Came with factory sleeve lift, the ag tires that are still on it, and still even had the OE steering wheel center cap, and the mowing deck. The 1st half of 67, the 12's came with Delco starter/generator & points ignition, as this one is equipped. The guy also tossed in for free, a 8" turn plow.
I soon after restored it, but never did restore the mowing deck. I have mowed some with it, but mostly just take it to local shows now. Here are some "during restore" pics

MF12 During Restore.jpg

Here it as at local show in 2006. My youngest daughter has sure grown since this pic!

DSC00039.jpg Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• MF12 Side.jpg
  • MF12 Before.jpg
  • DSC00031.jpg

#18 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted February 07, 2011 - 09:37 PM

I will put a tractor in the running to make 5 to vote on. This is a 1963 Panzer T-70 that I found for my wife. I had restored a 1965 Panzer T-75 and she liked the looks of it so much she asked me to find her one. It took almost a year to find another Panzer here in Wisconsin but I did come across one. It was a complete tractor and the engine was in good condition but there wasn't hardly a spot of paint left on the old girl. In fact the only nice bit of paint left was under the crriage bolt the held the seat on. IMG_0020a.jpg

The whole tractor was torn down for repainting. Luck for me it was mainly surface rust and the metal wasn't really pitted much at all. I sanded a lot and gave it a couple of coats of primer. IMG_0189.jpg The tractor was in very good mechanical condition and other than some carb work nothing needed to be done other than the repainting and new tires for the restoration.

A friend of mine who paints tractors shot the " tantilizing torquise" paint on it for me and I reassembled the tractor and gave it to my wife. IMG_0214a.JPG

We take our "his and hers" panzers to tractor shows and have had a lot of fun with them. Their color along with their construction using a Plymouth car rear end have started a lot of conversations.

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 08, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thanks guys, we now have 5 of them. I will close this thread and start the voting thread tonight :D