4 replies to this topic

#1 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 12:36 PM

Couple months ago now I purchased a couple new John Deere LTs - 2012 X320 (14 hours on the meter) and a brand new 2014 X310 for a dedicated lawn mower. Well, I got to thinkin' I don't wanna use ramps any more to get under my mowers to maintain and service the decks so I broke down and bought a John Deere HD Mower Lift (MoJack) from my John Deere dealer. Now, this unit isn't the "Pro" series lift this one only has the 500lbs. capacity for the 300 and 500 series John Deere mowers. Man I sure love this lift! I like to keep my mower blades sharp and this makes it real easy to lift and remove the blades for sharpening. I put a mulching kit on my X310 the other day and really liked the fact I could lift it with the MoJack to do so. I know a lot of you just pull the mower deck off with your eyes closed to do whatever needs done, but I like the fact I don't need to take my deck off the tractor to do what I need to do to the mower. If you don't have a MoJack or you're on the fence about purchasing one I highly recommend saving up your money and getting one you sure won't regret it. Just stop going to Star Bucks for about six months and you should have enough coin in your account to get one :thumbs:. I've wanted a LT mower lift like this one for a while and just didn't think I should or could afford it but I just went and got one and that's that. I actually saw a black MoJack in Home Depot for much less but I wanted the John Deere version.

I have other LGTs I plan on using this lift for.

MoJack_01.jpg   MoJack_02.jpg   MoJack_03.jpg   MoJack_04.jpg

Kenneth

Edited by KBear, July 08, 2014 - 12:45 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, johndeereelfman and 3 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 04:49 PM

Looks really handy! IOs it strong enough to lift the front end of that JD Garden Tractor that we can just see the rear end in the last pic?

#3 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 11:01 PM

Looks really handy! IOs it strong enough to lift the front end of that JD Garden Tractor that we can just see the rear end in the last pic?

Yes this jack is really handy indeed! I'm not sure Brian. That's a '73 John Deere 140H3 and if memory serves the 140 is around the 750lbs. range (all my OMs and SMs are downstairs). I realize the lift is not lifting the whole 750lbs. but the older LGTs are much heavier even in the front end. I may put it on the jack at some point in time to see if the MoJack can handle it. I have some other smaller LGTs that I can put on the jack for sure.

140.jpg

Kenneth

#4 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 01:21 PM

JDBrian - Here ya go. I put the 140 on the MoJack today after I had the X310 on it to remove and sharpen the mower blades. Yeah, the Mojack handled the 140 pretty well. Yes, you can tell the 140 weighs a little more up front than either the X310 and X320. Pretty cool. I was able to get under the 140 very easily. I greased it up while I was there.

I like keeping my mower blades sharp. I sharpen blades roughly every third mowing. The MoJack makes it so easy to lift the tractor and remove the blades. I would otherwise need to remove the mower or use ramps to get underneath the deck in order to remove the blades. I like the MoJack better. I took the crack handle off and am now using a 3/8 drive to raise and lower the tractors with a drill - pretty neat.

MoJack_05.jpg

Kenneth

#5 sjm1027 OFFLINE  

sjm1027
  • Member No: 84984
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 20, 2016 - 07:25 PM

Is that the MoJack Pro your showing? I am looking to pick one up in the next week or 2. I have a JD X354 Lawn tractor and was told it's better to scrape the deck than to use the hose port to force water to clean the deck. I figure I will get a lot of use out of it. Thanks for the pictures.