#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 11:29 PM

Have a K carb and wanted to use the throttle shaft from it. It was loose, but didn't pull out because last guy spun the screw for plate off and was still sticking out. SO, dremel and stone got that ground down to remove from body. NOW what does one do to remove screw? I have a #55 drill big, but nothing to clamp it in. Even my dremel will need a smaller collet to fit it. So, thinking of getting that to hold drill. NOW, need to find way to center punch it??? or what to keep it in place?  I tried a small nail, but too hard to hold the shaft to hit. I have a rubber hose over the shaft to clamp in vise, but removed that and set on lip of vise to try to tap and pretty hard to do. SO, is there a dremel tool or stone or ??? that will be sharp enough to make the divot that I should also get?  OR, is there a totally diff way to do this? I suppose another carb with shaft that I can take out is an idea, but their is none here!! As a note, the other carb that I want to put this in, the screws came out fine by turning a little each way more and more till they came out clean. Luck there I guess.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 12:04 AM

Can you grind a strait in it and possibly use a small strait screwdriver to run it out?  If not id check ebay for possibly and old carb or shaft

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 05:00 AM

What model is this? 

I might have a used throttle shaft laying around, or I know I can get a throttle shaft kit.

Ben W.

• glgrumpy said thank you

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 08:12 AM

Do you have one of those spring loaded center punches? This is a brass screw, right?

Edited by LilysDad, July 08, 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 09:36 AM

Brass screw. Tiny.  I DID have one of those spring loaded punches, not sure where now? have to look. Model of the carb? Tractor?  It is really bunch of mixed parts, so not sure on where/what it is all off of. The carb is a 26 bore. Might have number on shell if I clean it. The shaft is one that is kinda tall with u-shaped top and has the ball on it for the governor link. Same as many tractors have.  Power King and Wheelhorse set-ups and even my Speedex have it this way. 12 to 16 hp singles. I can measure the throttle plate too maybe? Pictures?

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 11:18 AM

Here's some pix and numbers from carbs.

Using carb from KT 17   #52 47801 then on flange 5205302

Parts carb #26      C-236315  and on flange 2350 and garbled after that.

Attached Thumbnails

• cart carb and hitch 2014 2014-07-08 004.jpg
  • cart carb and hitch 2014 2014-07-08 005.jpg
  • cart carb and hitch 2014 2014-07-08 006.jpg
  • cart carb and hitch 2014 2014-07-08 007.jpg

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 02:01 PM

I GOT it!!!  I'm quite the amazing fella after-all! :smilewink:  Bought a tiny ball rasp for Dremel, just to make a punch divot for drill. BUT, the ball file just did the drill's job and went all the way thru. A little careful work and rest came off on side and pieces fell out once released a little. Screw grabs and holds fine. NOW, have the shaft and butterfly in it after a little figuring out turning problem on that, duh!  Dumb mechanic!   Little lock-tite on screws and it is in for the game. Got a kit, not going back together. Thanks for any tips!

• Alc said thank you

#8 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Good for you! :thumbs:

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Found I needed to change the choke shaft too to pull right. Twisted one screw out of that on the shaft I didn't need tho, lucky me! Got other shaft in it now and good to go.

I got this thing running today! Used battery pack and direct touch to starter to crank, wire to the coil. Didn't wanna pull gas from rear tank. SO, got starter fluid, fired off on that some. finally used gravity feed and bypassed the pump and it ran! Ran good too, hardly had to adjust. NO smoke or noise, I did good on this buy. While gravity feeding the pump was spitting, so hooked it all back up and finally got it to pump and run on tank of tractor. I tidied up some loose ends and drove it around some. No throttle really, but idled around, forward and back, and did reach up and throttle a little by hand, but not much. Everything seems cool. Now working on some longer choke and throttle cables, and will have to figure out the wiring to hook it up and try to use dash controls. Horses are SO easy to Train! Love them for that!

• Alc said thank you

#10 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 05:33 AM

GREAT TO HEAR  !!   No way I would have gotten that screw out without damaging the shaft to the point of it being junk

• glgrumpy said thank you