• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stetson OFFLINE  

stetson
  • Member No: 59357
  • 46 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 09:23 AM

im looking for upgrades on exhaust. On my 1254 the intake is stripped out of the head and is completly off and on my h14 i dont think its the proper exhaust for it because you cant take off the air filter without removing the exhaust. has anyone upgraded i would kind of like a turned up exhaust that comes from under and sticks straight up because when i mow with the h14 the exhaust shoots directly on your foot with in tenn flip flops are standard summer wear aint kool...... anyway does anyone know of a design or bolt on fix or an i gonna have to remove the heads and have them tapped so i can put a turned up tractor style exhaust with a flapper on top

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Lets see some pictures of the current setup so we know what we are dealing with.

You may be able to get away with tapping the threads and fitting a pipe on with a lock washer.

#3 stetson OFFLINE  

stetson
  • Member No: 59357
  • 46 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 10:17 AM

Here's pics of both I have 3 mower decks for them along with the tiller and I'm hunting me a plow

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140702_201221.jpg
  • 20140628_060247.jpg

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 10:20 AM

Thats the original muffler on that H14 ......

#5 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 11:57 AM

im looking for upgrades on exhaust. On my 1254 the intake is stripped out of the head and is completly off and on my h14 i dont think its the proper exhaust for it because you cant take off the air filter without removing the exhaust. has anyone upgraded i would kind of like a turned up exhaust that comes from under and sticks straight up because when i mow with the h14 the exhaust shoots directly on your foot with in tenn flip flops are standard summer wear aint kool...... anyway does anyone know of a design or bolt on fix or an i gonna have to remove the heads and have them tapped so i can put a turned up tractor style exhaust with a flapper on top

I just took off a tractor style--( stait up ) from my 1556,,,about the same as your'e H14... It was not very well supported..It looked like it would have screwed up the exhaust pipe in a hurry,cause of the weight...Plus the exhaust kinda blew up and twards your'e face..I replaced it with the stock style you have..  I was able to bend the muffler out a little at the intake side,and bend the front support out about an inch and ahalf... I can now,,( when cool ) get the air cleaner off

On another note,, the tractor style isn't  very friendly trying to go around trees..  The look was OK but not practical for me.

You're about a month late or we could have swaped...