6 replies to this topic

#1 bulm OFFLINE  

bulm
  • Member No: 59786
  • 9 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 05, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'm new here so please be patient. I have a nicely restored Lennox Kitty Track that I would like to sell. I have owned it for about 20 years and now it's time to let it go to someone who will take it to shows for all to see. I am looking for honest opinions on what the value is on these things. I know that they are rather rare and don't come up for sale very often. I did an amature restoration on it when I first got it so it it isn't perfect. it has the original engine that was freshened up at that time also. I just installed a new carb rebuild kit in it also. Here are a few pics as it looks now.

Thanks,

Brian

20140705_154740.jpg

20140705_154805.jpg

20140705_155030.jpg

20140705_112140.jpg

20140705_155123.jpg

• hamman, sacsr, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,395 Thanks
  • 39,658 posts

Posted July 05, 2014 - 08:04 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice looking KT you have there!

• bulm said thank you

#3 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted July 05, 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hi there welcome I have the year older Kittytrack to yours that I restored.  

http://gardentractor...the-end-result/

If You need any decals I have them for sale.

#4 bulm OFFLINE  

bulm
  • 9 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 05, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hi there welcome I have the year older Kittytrack to yours that I restored.  

http://gardentractor...the-end-result/

If You need any decals I have them for sale.

Yes, I need decals. I carefully removed the originals and put them on some freezer paper and put them in a safe place. Unfortunately, that's the last time I saw them! I did see your picture album before I posted today and saved the pics of your decals thinking that I would at least have a pattern to go by if I was going to have some made. How much are you asking and which decals are included? Your machine is much nicer than mine.

#5 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 05, 2014 - 09:37 PM

Welcome to the forum! No idea on a value but maybe some one here can help you.

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 11:41 AM

I have been looking for a Kat and see prices all over. Anything from a rust bucket that is a couple hundred bucks, to a museum quality restoration for $2000+.

I know that with other tractors, 'restored' machines vary widely in value depending on the execution. Some can be worth far less than a so-so machine in its original skin.

I believe the mower was relatively common, after the dozer blade. Other attachments can be much more scarce.

At the end of the day you have a good looking, functional machine with strong collector value. Im not sure what it is worth, but suspect it is another machine beyond my budget =)

What amount is in the back of your head as the "I would be happy with that" price?
  • DougT said thank you

#7 bulm OFFLINE  

bulm
  • 9 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 07, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Several years ago I had somomeone interested in it. I told him that I was asking $2,500.He didn't laugh at me but he never came to look at it either. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away.I don't want to scare off any collectors with a price that is too high but I don't want to regret letting it go too cheap either. I guess that I'll just have to come out and say $2,500 OBO and see what offers I get.I appreciate everyone's opinions on this topic and would like to thank you all for your input.If anyone is interested in this tractor please do not hesitate on making a reasonable offer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for free