When I restored my 317 I cheated at the end and borrowed the fender deck off the 314. I now want to get the 314 operational again so I dug out the 317 fender deck. I knew it was rough but it's in pretty bad shape and has been patched and painted at least once before. I decided to try using a chemical stripper to remove the paint. This worked well, just used Circa 1850 that I had around for stripping cabinet doors. I'm not sure how well this would work on the factory paint but it made short work of what was on there. The whole thing had been bondoed in the past and there are 2 welded in patches in the footwell area. I think this tractor spent a lot of time outside.
One side of the back end was dinged and pushed in about 3/4 of an inch. The impact kinked the side fold of the fender deck. To fix this I decided to cut the side fold at the kink and pull the back end back out, then pound the side fold back into position. I ended up with a pretty much straight saw kerf to weld up and it only took a few minutes to do. With the fold intact it would have taken a lot of force to straighten it.
Heres what I'm talking about here. This is after re aligning the back corner.