2nd child hood

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldgearhead OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1891
  • 12 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 11:22 AM

In my younger days I was always trying to put a combustion engine on wheels of any kind . Here lately I have way too much time on my hands, I guess. I have been looking at the motorized bicycles on line. Since it is taboo for me to throw anything away I have old bike frames and engines. The way fuel prices are going I think the bicycle would be a way to commute and dash around town. I know there are little scooters and motor bikes, but being able to buzz around on a 200 dollar set of wheels that capable of 30 miles per hour sounds fun. I can roll 70 miles per hour on my Beemer anytime, but across country on a motorized bicycle. Sounds challenging.
Maybe I should have named this post," Pondering" or maybe, I should go start digging up parts. :usa:

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 11:30 AM

Friend of mine put a weed whacker engine on a skateboard. THAT's a challenging ride.

A member of our Antique Engine group has a factory motorized bike. Small engine with a rubber drive wheel that pushes against the tire. I think it's a cable that runs back to engage/disengage the tire contact. I always thought it looked fun.