#1 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'm a little surprised at the little amount of old Montgomery Ward Tractors here. Maybe it's a regional thing? We use to have many Montgomery Ward outfits up in the North East but they are long gone now...I still see many of the tractors still in use and for sale. The Tractors sold by Agway corp. is allmost the exact same tractor , I allways assumed it was also made by the same company that made the Wards.?
Anyway, I have a late 70's with a 18 HP Briggs / 42 inch deck & Pow, it's a very Good Tractor, well built, very heavy and pretty tough. I cut about 1 acre of grass with it reguarly, that's all I do with it, does a great job. Here's a Pic.

Attached Thumbnails

• Monty.jpg

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 11:24 AM

I have a Wards Riding LT that hasn't seen the light of day for 15 yrs. It was an el-cheapo back then & probably the most frustrating machine I've owned. Now this isn't a GT. I've seen a few of those & been impressed with the build. I'd put this little guy on par with the stuff they sell now at the box stores.

#3 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted February 18, 2011 - 10:06 PM

Just found out my BIL has a 70's MW 10hp with a 38'' deck. Things looks pristine. Any idea what those are worth? I didn't get a model number or anything. I just got curious when I saw it tonight.