• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 engineguy63 OFFLINE  

engineguy63
  • Member No: 59522
  • 71 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thought I could post some better  pics of the new toy, Still having intermittent ignition trouble........cleaned points already, but still no spark...maybe coil?   anyway it will be at ZAGRAY CT, show! After looking at this tractor for a few hours I believe there is not much on it that's not original!!.......those welds though,   WOW, I am a hack and I can do better!!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03496 (640x360).jpg
  • DSC03497 (640x360).jpg
  • DSC03498 (640x360).jpg
  • DSC03499 (640x360).jpg
  • DSC03500 (640x360).jpg

• Alc, Cvans, boyscout862 and 7 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 02:09 PM

Have you downloaded the engine manual and gone through its troubleshooting sequence? That is the best way to figure it out. I will look for your tractor at Zagray. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 08:01 PM

Thought I could post some better  pics of the new toy, Still having intermittent ignition trouble........cleaned points already, but still no spark...maybe coil?   anyway it will be at ZAGRAY CT, show! After looking at this tractor for a few hours I believe there is not much on it that's not original!!.......those welds though,   WOW, I am a hack and I can do better!!

I'm very happy to hear that you'll be bringing your new/old tractor to the show, running or not. I know of others who will be bringing that same style Panzer so maybe they can help you out if you haven't got it running by then, along with others on this forum.
As far as the welds - most Panzers look like they were stick welded by a high school auto shop class. See ya in a few weeks.

Big AL

#4 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 08:47 PM

You were referring to the stock welds?  

This is a good solid looking piece.  Wish I had room for another one.

#5 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 11:15 PM

I WANT ONE...... very nice GT, and thank's for the pic's

#6 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 06:18 AM

Very cool!  I was just looking over a couple Panzers at a local show this weekend (bear with me, I don't know my panzers).  The smaller blue type had very nice, typical commercial looking welds, but the larger red Copar Panzer with a single front wheel...the welds on that thing made it look like it was built in someone's garage.  Heavy duty as heck, but I should have taken closer pictures...it was a discrace to welders everywhere!

#7 engineguy63 OFFLINE  

engineguy63
  • Member No: 59522
  • 71 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 02, 2014 - 06:19 AM

Oh Yeah, Was referring to the stock welds,  I guess I am just use to seeing welds that look like a pushed over roll of nickels. These are pretty ratty looking, but I am sure they are original. They certainly liked to use plenty of heat though, there cut right in deep, and they have already stood the test of time.

• panzersarebest said thank you