#46 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,378 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Well embarrassingly enough it turns out I did have the wrong belt on it. I couldn't believe it! Sorry about wasting your time with that problem. Everything works perfectly on the tractor now. I just need to get my grease gun loaded correctly so I can hit all the fittings. The steering is my only big concern but I'm going to reread in this post where instructions to tighten it up were made. Also, the tractor seems a bit loud. I'm not sure if the muffler is shot or if this is how it's meant to sound. I was looking online for a new one and thought I saw where the sell the elbow and muffler to make a exhaust. I thought that would be nifty. Thanks again guys

If it makes this sound, "BRRRRRRRRRRRPUBrrrrPUBrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRR", it's making the

exactly perfect sound, and you shouldn't worry about it. :thumbs:  :smilewink:

Tractor looks great, thanks for posting the pictures, and glad to hear you've

got it running good.

I see Marilyn has stole your heart. They don' make em like that any more.

Edited by IamSherwood, July 11, 2014 - 08:52 PM.

• Andy85 said thank you

#47 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,692 Thanks
  • 28,334 posts

Posted July 12, 2014 - 12:08 AM

Good looking tractor and a nice looking place it's helping to keep up.
Thanks for the pics and remember to wear ear protection.
  • Andy85 said thank you

#48 Aldon OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58895
  • 25 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Nice Support thread I wished I had found a few weeks ago when I was trying to figure out how to hook my deck to my MF-12.

Yours looks very clean.

Is it a repaint or an original lightly used?

#49 Andy85 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 59490
  • 21 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 03:42 PM

Yeah this thread has completely answered all of my questions. There are a lot of good people in this forum and I hope to be able to one day help someone like I've been helped.
Thanks! It's original. I did a pretty quick clean on it when I first picked it up. The wheels were completely black and paint was flat. I hit the hood with a buffer and brought a lot of the shine back to it.
My next door neighbor is 90 and her husband was working on it 20-25 years ago and she said he got frustrated and threw a piece into the woods behind the house and never messed with it again. So she just wanted it out I'm still not sure what he threw, but after a new battery, fuel filter/lines, basic carb cleaning, oil change, spark plug, and drive belt it runs like a dream! The hood release latch on the dash is not there or hooked up correctly, and the drive lever has a metal piece that attaches under the hood and looks like it comes through the dash also but it's just swinging freely.
Anyway, I'll figure these things out
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#50 Andy85 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 59490
  • 21 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sorry, I posted that from my phone and posted it while typing...
My neighbor wanted it out of her garage and said if I wanted to try to get it running I could have it so I got the tractor and all the attachments for free!
  • MH81 and IamSherwood have said thanks