David Bradley 4 Wheel Suburban Model # Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted June 26, 2014 - 10:02 PM

I just scared up another one of these for my someday going to get them going collection of the early round hood ones.  It looks like it has lived in the fence row for a good part of its life.  None the less, got to get them when I see them.  The model # is 917.60616 and the serial # is 11010.  Would anybody know whether this is a 59, 60 or 61?  I am somewhat confused on whether all the early ones were the same model unless it was an electric start.  Also, it has the worn original decals on the hood, along with these, there is a large number 7, this also makes no sense to me, but it looks about as old and worn as the rest of the decals.  Much thanks to anyone with insight.  Sorry for no pics.

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 05:38 AM

I am still fumbling my way through the DB riders, Lauber1 is the going expert on these tractors and should be able to help you later on this evening.

Best of luck.

• TimW said thank you

#3 Lauber1 ONLINE  

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,424 Thanks
  • 2,785 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 11:09 PM

ok well im very late getting in tonite. That number goes to a 1961 recoil start tractor.   If your hood has a big 7 on it, it might have come off a 917.60619 tractor, which was the only model to use a Wisconsin engine(BKN) of 7hp. Check your tag again to be sure, sometimes your eyes play tricks.

• TimW said thank you

#4 bgkid2966 ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,324 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Grew up on a DB and love to see pics. Hope to acquire one someday. :camera:  :wewantpics:  :picsoritsnotyours:

• TimW said thank you