1 reply to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,529 Thanks
  • 6,382 posts

Posted June 26, 2014 - 01:12 PM

Going to be getting a brush and quick-tach off a newer Power King. It is said to be able to mount to the older metal tractors on the snow blade mounts off frame. Runs off the front electric pto on the plastic body. Here's problem.....the engines in these tractors turn opposite ways. So, the brush with worm gear drive won't work in reverse. SO, wondering how easy to make a reverser or such to fix that? I've seen twisted belts, but not sure yet how much space or belt is used on this thing, so not sure that is workable. Also not sure you can just twist any belt w/out special pulleys or guides?  Speedex decks seem to twist the short ones and they work,  have even seen double belts on some of those. OR, is there just a small box like the decks of some tractors use to reverse rotation? Would think a pulley to gear, then gear back to pulley would be the macanicle thing, just not sure how compact one can make or buy.  Would need to make a bracket to hold it all on tractor, not sure what room I would have yet, but think it might be pretty good depending on where the brush drive reaches too.  OR, I'll have to just save it aside and buy Another Plastic King in future.  Did I really say that??

#2 EconChuck OFFLINE  

• Member No: 18979
  • 245 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted June 26, 2014 - 01:17 PM

I can make this a moot problem for you!