Posted June 26, 2014 - 07:22 AM
- The seat is badly cracked. As a temporary expedient, I slipped a heavy 'waste' plastic bag over the seat to avoid getting wet pants every time I use it.
- The seat switch didn't work, and the PTO switch was only partially functional. Previous owner(s) had removed all safety interlocks, and rewired the electrical system so that the PTO worked without the interlocks. Thanks to the wiring diagram in the UT-34001 parts list I found in the manuals section, with its excellent annotations, I was able to rewire the mower back to its original conformation. I found an exact fit replacement 'starter' switch for the seat at TSC, and substituted a DPDT switch for the original PTO switch. The remaining original wiring is so dirty and badly faded that the colors weren't discernable (to my colorblind eyes), so I traced each wire and added a white Duck tape flag to each, numbering each flag to match the schematic using a livestock tattoing kit.
- There's a hole at the back of the deck shell, right side in front of the rear wheel. I didn't even notice it at first, as it was clogged up with grass when it arrived. I'll have to cobble up a fix (I'm not a welder).
- Although I have the main wiring job done, I still have to install fuse holders and fuses...
1) At some time, I will need to replace the deck blades. Could someone point me to a source?
2) I would like to install lights, which were not standard on this model. The parts list I mentioned above indicates that I should have all the mounting parts for the headlights, but I haven't found any reference to a part number or bulb number for these lights.
3) Confirmation of belt sizes for when they will need replacement. From the Ford belt chart, for the corresponding Ford model, it appears that I need a 5/8" x 46" for the tractor drive, a 1/2" x 83" for the deck spindle drive, and a 1/2" x 80" for the PTO to deck drive. Confirm?
Thanks for the great resources on this site!
Posted June 26, 2014 - 09:15 AM
Welcome to GTT. It sounds like you know what you are doing. Check with our sponsors about the parts. Where are the pics posted? Good Luck, Rick
I found the pics. I like the hood cat.
Edited by boyscout862, June 26, 2014 - 09:20 AM.