32 replies to this topic

#31 mopargoob OFFLINE  

mopargoob
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 14544
  • 56 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:35 PM

More Info:   I have cut our entire yard about 5 times with this mower since I "fixed" it.

I have not had 1 misfire, it NEVER kicks back,  I had to readjust the carburetor after the

final fix, and now it uses about 1/2 the fuel it used to, to do the same amount of mowing.

I still can't quite believe it works this good.  I wish my other "projects" would turn out

like this one.

:dancingbanana:

• MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#32 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:31 AM

This is a interesting  thread !    I'm still not sure how the 2 pins/timing works , it would  be neat to see with a timimg light what rpm's it starts  to switch to the second pin and if it goes completely on top of it  at high rpms  .  I guess with some calculations with the flywheel dia. the amount of advance at different rpms .

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 05:40 AM

This is a interesting  thread !    I'm still not sure how the 2 pins/timing works , it would  be neat to see with a timimg light what rpm's it starts  to switch to the second pin and if it goes completely on top of it  at high rpms  .  I guess with some calculations with the flywheel dia. the amount of advance at different rpms .

With a properly gapped OEM setup, I believe it is in the 200-250 RPM range.
  • Alc said thank you