Garden Tractor Forums banner

2 Mtd 990's

Tags
for sale
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dieselcubmike 
#1 ·
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:525]

I have been wanting these for awhile and I was so excited to bring them home and share with you all the first day I brought them home, but sadly I have done nothing with them since then. Im looking for offers right now as I don't have a set price in mind. Big red does run but needs a lot of attention to do so. Ive rebuilt the carb but I think it needs a coil and a possible rewire. Its not the original motor for this engine as the original would've had a 16hp briggs cast iron engine. It currently has 10hp kohler on it from a Jacobsen. The green one has the original 16hp but needs rebuilt. Its all there but has the carb off it and a few other things but theyre in a box. It has the scissor lift for a mower deck and is setup for the deck. Both have 3 point hitches on these. One has tire chains on it. I believe they are all original including the paint and tires. Looking to clear up some space in the yard so my loss is your gain. Looking for cash or possible trades? PM's are a good way to get ahold of me. Really hate to see these go but id prefer them go to a caring home and for someone to fix them up and enjoy them.

#7 ·
Ok a few questions for you if you still have them. I am looking for a chassis for a hotrod project, how stout is the rear end? cast iron? Pics of the driveshaft setup would help. what size are the rear rims? are they the standard 12" rim or larger. and lastly do you ever go north into ny? I just took a long trip into central pa and don't want to repeat it again for awhile.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.