Garden Tractor Forums banner

One Hobby Paying For Another

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 ·
Most of you know that follow my topics know I'm into model trains. I have a few items I sell on ebay that have lately supported my GT hobby. I have more items in the winter months when I have time to cut scaled lumber but these three items have been selling mostly & when I build up my account I buy parts. We can also sell items that we don't need or can make money on to support our hobbies. I want to encourage they are ways to have a few extra bucks to spend that won't hurt our pockets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151092715522?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151229396330?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151191414194?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

#3 ·
Willie I'm not pushing the products just wanted to encourage ways to make a few extra bucks. I have been selling these items for two years now. I learned a few things by keeping the items listed as " good until cancelled ". I lost my total sales count three times in the two years not knowing each time I ran out on my quantity available. So far just this year I have spent close to $800. for parts, supplies & a few tools for just pennies on the dollar made.

Reactions: Gabriel
#5 ·
Well at least I am not the only one. I work with metal and reproduce parts for the gt's I have, I usually reproduce the hard to find stuff then sell a few at a time on e-bay or wherever to keep my hobby going. I am about to order new tires for the case 155 out of money I got selling on e-bay. Pics of some of the things I make

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good luck on your sales. Do you make the corrugated parts?
Yes most everything I sell I make in my shop. I try to offer most things to encourage other modelers into scratch building.

Reactions: Gabriel
#7 ·
Willie I'm not pushing the products just wanted to encourage ways to make a few extra bucks. I have been selling these items for two years now. I learned a few things by keeping the items listed as " good until cancelled ". I lost my total sales count three times in the two years not knowing each time I ran out on my quantity available. So far just this year I have spent close to $800. for parts, supplies & a few tools for just pennies on the dollar made.
I was being serious, good luck with it. I think it is great that you can make extra money. I keep standing on the street corner in high heels and a short skirt but so far no one has offered me any money.

#8 ·
I was being serious, good luck with it. I think it is great that you can make extra money. I keep standing on the street corner in high heels and a short skirt but so far no one has offered me any money.
Your in the wrong place, come over to Chapel Hill. I bet you will make gas money atleast.

#13 ·
Custom painting is the other hobby to support the tractor hobby. Been doing it
for about 10 years now. The red scratched lure is what the customer sent and the other one is one of 12 he received back. I quit Ebay also, to much of a hassle
now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.