wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 11:05 PM

I hate a thief.

I had one attempted theft here. The dogs went nuts and I went out wish the discourager. I heard voices behind the trees by the road and I racked one in. Then I heard feet beat it across the road, barbed wire twanging on the long horn pasture, then crashing through the trees. No one has come back since.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#18 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 11:31 PM

Sadly Edmonton crime has had a increase over the past ten years. Cops lie if they tell you anything different. I have three city police that live near me. They moved out to the country for a reason. I hope your as well adjusted as you sound. Those damn thieves deserve their legs to be broken.. With all the jobs in Alberta there is no need for this crap to go on here... 

#19 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 12:06 AM

Growing up in the Minneapolis area gave me.the opportunity to learn a valuable lesson. There is no honor among theives. Thrives are greedy cowards. They usually won't commit a crim without help, then they usually try to pull a fast on one their help. I witnessed once where a couple guys had stollen a tv from a house and one of them decided it should be his and stole it from the other. I watched three men break his hands by holding him down and stomping on his hands. I was 8yrs old I think.

Around here the worst that has happened is some of my tiger lillies disappeared (I suspect the elderly neighbor lady) and I lost 30gallons of fuel one night mysteriously with in 4hours of buying it.

Dogs make a big difference, so do dead bolt locks and steel doors. I think the lady that had my house before me was paranoid. Steel doors on the house and a steel door on the garage. Also have motion sensor lights on the garage and house by all the doors. You can not come into my yard with out a light coming on some where.

( I live in a rural community on the very outer edge of town, worst crime that happens here is stealing gas from farmers tanks)

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.

#20 FrozenInTime ONLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 01:37 AM

Sorry to hear this.  I hate theives, no good lazy azz's.  I live in the boonies, not much goes on around here.  A US Marshal lives accross the field from me and everyone knows it.  Only prob I have had is a drunk couple boys mail boxing one night.  I have a dog that goes absolutely nuts when anyone comes on the property so I think we are somewhat safe.  Between him and the loaded shotgun over the door... we sleep easy.  Rotti's make awesome pets.

#21 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Well, I picked up a another laptop today, with a couple upgrades it will suffice. I have internet in the shop again. :)

I have a big padlock on the big garage door, its a real pain in the A when you forget to remove it. Man door will be getting steel upgrades soon as I can afford them.

Trying to find the right dog is a bigger problem, but we are looking.

Still need to pick up a decent camera. i have a lot of progress pics to replace.

• MH81 said thank you