9 replies to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Well who is going to Portland tractor show? Im gona take some of my bolens stuff. What are you bringing? Selling or showing? Pictures of what your taking are a plus.  Hear is some of the stuff we (the boss lady and I)  will be dragging down there. Its bad were already counting the days. We have never showed at Portland. Anyone have any comments about the show? Well hope to see you all down there.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0232.JPG
  • IMG_0021.JPG
  • IMG_0604.JPG

#2 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:36 PM

I'm afraid you're a month late. It was in May!

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Early to talk about that, isn't it?   3rd week in August.  I have a sale spot way out in field each year. Not so much to take this year, my JT MM and maybe my D series Horse if not sold, and same for MTD 990. Not much else left for selling. My buddy has a few items each time too.  IF you are just showing, there is a lawn and garden area for that, but most are claimed way ahead and same spots each year, so not sure how new guy gets in. You can't sell in the show area then. If you wanna sell stuff, have to be out in field like us and pay for a spot.  Best to contact fellas there NOW to see what is available. As always, never know on weather. If no rain that is odd week, but has happened. I've been there in all rain weeks too, and is messy and cool. People still come, but leave early on those kind of weeks.  Don't come Sunday expecting anything, most are gone, and many leave by Sat afternoon, specially when bad weather.  Best to bring a golf cart or some kind of rig to ride around, can't see it all in one day. Woman like the sales and antique barns best, I pass on most of those. Seeya there!

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:44 PM

OH, spring swap, yep, done last month!  I have 3 days of pictures on here to see for that. Summer big show in August, and then a swap meet in Oct, much like the spring one, accross the street tho.

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,208 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Dad and I are going as to what we will bring IDK thats what July is for. :D

#6 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,642 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 09:09 PM

Well who is going to Portland tractor show? Im gona take some of my bolens stuff. What are you bringing? Selling or showing? Pictures of what your taking are a plus.  Hear is some of the stuff we (the boss lady and I)  will be dragging down there. Its bad were already counting the days. We have never showed at Portland. Anyone have any comments about the show? Well hope to see you all down there.

I've never been to that show or swap meet.  There are a few locals leaning on me wanting me to attend. ( i think they are looking for a free ride) :D   I may go but haven't decided yet.   Rick

Edited by CRFarnsworth, June 19, 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#7 gunstuff1000 ONLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 09:22 PM

Of course I will be there! Haven't decided 100% on what all we are taking but for sure two ridemasters, a couple early handi-Ho's, a nice original 1959 an 1960 ride-a-matic, a versa matic or two an a couple steel wheels if I have room

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,208 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Of course I will be there! Haven't decided 100% on what all we are taking but for sure two ridemasters, a couple early handi-Ho's, a nice original 1959 an 1960 ride-a-matic, a versa matic or two an a couple steel wheels if I have room

Come on you got room. :D

#9 gunstuff1000 ONLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 10:37 PM

Come on you got room. :D

I could probably take a couple trailer loads I guess!
  • wilberj said thank you

#10 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'm thinking about going too. It will be my 40th year to show there! Last year I had 2 loads there. One for sale and one for show.