• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks guys! When I got the truck I knew I wasn't getting a fuel efficient car; I don't drive around that much, if I did I would have bought something cheaper to drive. New hubs are $95, so I thought that would be worth it if I got a couple extra miles from each gallon.

As for the locks, I tried several times with that key on both doors before I gave up. After reading the posts I went out and tried again with no success. I will just spend the $20 to get new locks and I wont have to worry about it. There have been a couple times that I was in areas I needed to lock it, so I unlatched one of the vent windows; that way when it was time to go I could just open the window and reach in to the handle. I know that's not really that secure, but locks only stop honest people anyway.

Cat, the only time I can not have the truck is during the 9 weeks of boot camp, and when I am deployed on the carrier. After that I can have it for my 2 years in Charleston during schooling, where the week is stacked full of classes and weekends are free. Then after that I can have it on base where it is not much different then a 9-5 job.

• Cat385B, oldedeeres, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#17 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 11:48 PM

Ryan. The milage may not change much but you will stop the rotating mass and wearing out all those parts. Saving you more money in the long run. Locking hubs are always a good idea.  They do help in milage a bit but not as much as we all wished..