Photo
- - - - -

What Do You Think It's Worth?

john deere 110 round fender

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 04:20 PM

Wow, Troy!  You have a good eye to pick out all those things just in the pictures.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#32 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 05:15 PM

Here are two videos of the tractor running.

Motor sounds strong, other than needing some carb adjustments. Throttle cable needs to be adjusted as well, as you don't normally move the lever that much until you get response. I also see that he installed a new starter/generator belt.  :thumbs:

So far, everything looks goods, but you still need to drive it and make sure the tranny is good in all gears. One thing to check on the transmission is, see if the shifter goes into each gear with just a little force. You don't want the shifter going in too easy. If you get the chance to drive it around, listen to see if there is a wine to the gears as you're moving, especially 4th gear which is the fastest gear. Also while driving the tractor, pull the variator lever (located on the right side of the tractor console) all the way back while moving in each gear. When the lever is all the way back in both 3rd and 4th gears, the tractor should come to a stop. As you are stopped, preferably in 4th gear, take your foot off of the brake pedal and slowly move the lever front one notch at a time to see if the tractor jumps or lunges as the belt tensions up. If the tractor jumps or lunges, then the variator is adjusted correctly and no other adjustments are required. Will save you some headaches down the road if not adjusted correctly, but shouldn't effect the selling price. Also try and find a slight upgrade in his yard or street. Put the tractor in 3rd gear and approach the upgrade, trying to put the tractor under some type of load. Listen to the motor and watch the muffler to see if you get any smoke. Does the motor sound like it's bogging down under load, or possibly sounding like it won't make it up the upgrade? Is there smoke coming out of motor other than the muffler? Does the gear shift jump out of gear while under load? If any of these questions are answered by a yes, then work will need to be done and will cost you more money. 

Did the seller say if the motor and transmission have been gone through? Was there any work done to either of these items? Does he have any documentation to show what he has replaced or rebuilt? Just some other things to check out. That's a lot of money to be putting out, and although it seems like a fair or reasonable price, I just don't want you finding any hidden surprises down the road.

• KennyP and superaben have said thanks

#33 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 05:16 PM

Can anyone tell him the difference in price for a H3?

Completely different tractor, and really has no comparison at all to this 110 he is looking at buying. 

• LilysDad said thank you

#34 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • Member No: 58420
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 20, 2014 - 06:53 AM

I am picking up the John Deere tonight. I went and saw it in person last night it is flawless. It is almost perfect. I will post more photos once I get it. Very pleased with all of your advice! It really helped me figure out what to look for. I can't wait for you guys to see it!
  • johndeereelfman and Sawdust have said thanks

#35 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • Member No: 58420
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Here are more photos if my new tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg