• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • Member No: 58420
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 10:31 PM

This is a 1965 John Deere 110 that is a mint factory new restoration. Every nut and bolt is new! The mower deck is restored and just not in the photos. What do you think it's worth?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• LilysDad and superspeedex have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 06:38 AM

It's sure a pretty machine. Did you restore it or did you buy it restored?
I have no idea on value and many of the guys may not get to far into that discussion as threads like that just seem to make the entire market go up in price a little each time.

Are you asking to get some sort of asking price or an insurance value or just curiosity?

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:22 AM

A little bit less than he has in it.

• Trav1s and karl have said thanks

#4 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 07:42 AM

I am asking because I have been thinking about buying this tractor for the last 4 months.  I keep kicking around the idea, however I know nothing about old John Deere mowers.  I collect two wheel tractors!  I have seen them restored from $1,500.00-$2,000.00 and I have seen original condition ones for $450.00-$650.00 range.  I don't want to over pay, because knowing me I will change my mind about 6 months after buying it and have to sell it to get my money back out of it.  So, I just want a ball park idea of what you guys think this actually would sell for would be so I don't loose my rear end on the deal down the road.

#5 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 09:10 AM

I know nothing about JD tractors but I'll throw 3 points out there

#1 Its worth what someone is willing to pay, whether it be $50 or $10,000 there is no set value on Garden Tractors

#2 Old Garden Tractors are not money makers, Be prepared to lose money on the resale as most people will not pay what you paid for the machine (this is true for me anyway)

#3 "Whats it worth" threads go no where and only distort the market value and make life miserable for most collectors ........

• KennyP, johndeereelfman, Lauber1 and 3 others have said thanks

#6 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 09:33 AM

Id buy it for 800 but thats cause its nice id resale my 110 and use my attachments on it

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 10:33 AM

Well. If anyone does have an idea what a restored unit like that would fair price for, please PM each other and give your opinion.
  • smokestack76 and T Guiles have said thanks

#8 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Ok... from the pics I would guess it is a 1965 (straight handled mower lift) or '66 which are much more common than the '63-64 machines.  

Pros

• Narrow tires
  • Ag tires

Cons

• '65-'66 model That hurts value.  
  • No deck/attachments 

Restored I would say $700-$800 as it sits but would love the serial number to figure out year/options.

#9 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:02 AM

It is a 1965 John Deere 110  The deck is restored just as nice, however it is not on the tractor right now.  The guy started off asking $2,000.00 for it 5 months ago.  He finally agreed to sell it to me for $1,200.00.  I just do not want to loose much on the deal if I go to get rid of it down the road. 

Edited by Indygbd1, June 19, 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#10 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well. If anyone does have an idea what a restored unit like that would fair price for, please PM each other and give your opinion.

come on... let's not turn this place into that red tractor forum where you can't discuss price or share a CL listing in fear of the post being deleted. God forbid the free market might actually act like a free market.

Honestly though, the nail has already been hit on the head... "Its worth what someone is willing to pay". So, pay what YOU are willing to pay for the enjoyment you will get out of it... or the amount that you don't mine losing when you find out that you cant get what you paid for it. :thumbs:

#11 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:18 AM

I didn't realize it is taboo to talk price on here.  I know we all like to steal a deal, so we do not want to drive up prices.  I get it.  Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.  I am in sales for a living.  No one understands that better than I do! 

I just wanted some advice from people who know a bit more than I do about the topic of John Deere lawn tractors.  You guys are acting like my wife!  RELAX!!!!! It is no big deal......  Sorry I asked!!

Edited by Indygbd1, June 19, 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#12 smokestack76 OFFLINE  

smokestack76
  • Member No: 39328
  • 83 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:30 AM

Its not really a big deal. But most times some guy with a old mower he got for free will do a google search. Find this site. Spray bomb 20 bucks worth of paint on it. Add a few new bolts get it running and air up the tires. Post it on for sale online calling it restored for 3,000 bucks. Because he seen a post on here that said thats what its worth. But then the worst part comes when some idiot actually buys it. Then all the other guys selling stuff online say well shoot bo! You see that! Im sitting on gold right here man! And prices start going up and up and up. Old means money and lots of it! The old is new again....... sorry /rant off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  • Bolens 1000, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 3 others have said thanks

#13 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:37 AM

I appreciate that!  It just seemed like people were getting a little defensive for no reason!  If I say restored, it is nut and bolt perfect!  You can eat off the frame.  FLAWLESS!!!  I see it with collector cars all the time.  Restored is not bondo filled  with a 200.00 paint job!  Thanks.

#14 smokestack76 OFFLINE  

smokestack76
  • Member No: 39328
  • 83 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:41 AM

I appreciate that! It just seemed like people were getting a little defensive for no reason! If I say restored, it is nut and bolt perfect! You can eat off the frame. FLAWLESS!!! I see it with collector cars all the time. Restored is not bondo filled with a 200.00 paint job! Thanks.

No problem. Its sad but thats how it is with GTs. There really is no "real" value like cars. So its all kinda up to what the markets like in your area. What someone is willing to pay. All that good stuff. Sorry 😢

Plus. Like i did. We fix these up for US. Or to use. Not to make a buck on. I did a quick makeover on mine to use and have fun with. Value unknown. Fun factor a hundred grand 😊
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Edited by smokestack76, June 19, 2014 - 11:44 AM.

• KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#15 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:53 AM

We fix these up for US. Or to use. Not to make a buck on. I did a quick makeover on mine to use and have fun with. Value unknown. Fun factor a hundred grand

I agree

When people ask me whats my tractor or collection is worth at shows I smile and simply say my collection is worthless (Money wise)

I enjoy preserving history and keeping these machines alive, money never crosses my mind.

The day I start placing values on my tractors is the day I will quit the hobby!

• KennyP, johndeereelfman, Lauber1 and 6 others have said thanks