Garden Tractor Forums banner

Got A Sears Stuck

932 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JD DANNELS 
#1 ·
Today while I was mowing some tall grass next to a small creek I needed to turn around in a tight area and accidentally went a little to far with the front tires. At first I tried to back out but the back was too steep and the tires just spun so I tried to go forward and sunk worse lol. We had to get the big tractor to pull it out and then my brother took over on mowing in another area.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
You should of went and got 1 of the Bolens to pull it out with.Would of been an easy pull for your 1050.
You're right the 1050 probably would have done the job. The International was the easiest thing to get to and fire up though lol.

If it had t have bottomed out, it wouldn't have been stuck.
Take better care of that Sears Matt, may be able to buy it someday :D
I'm taking good care of it, well Ray is since it's his now lol. I was giving is a good workout today though. I was mowing in 3 high a few times.

#7 ·
Everybody does that sometimes. I did it once 50 yds from the creek. The Joker that farmed my place before I bought it took a chisel plow and plowed one strip in the middle of the hill. I got the 318 high centered on one of the berms.

While I was trying to figure out how to get it out( too wet to take the pickup down there) my son and grandson showed up.
They unlike me are big burly boys that do not know their own strength. They just picked it up and set it out of the ruts.
I no longer mow that part of the property with the gt. I now use the Ford 1500 with a 5ft pull behind mower.
The big tires do not get hung up nearly so easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.