Garden Tractor Forums banner

The Bestest Weekend I've Had In A Long Time

Tags
fcvaec
2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Sparky 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Our local club had its annual show this past weekend. It's always based around Fathers Day Weekend, but because that was a week early this year, there were some other area events which conflicted with ours.

Tractor attendance was a little lower, and we didnt have a lot of our feature tractor (Ford) but the people who did come were the tops.
Several Members from GTTalk managed to make it (less two or three I didnt get pictures of)
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Motor vehicle
Jeans Tire Plant Wheel Motor vehicle

Ryan and I got to drive the ELF. What a marvelous tractor!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky
Clothing Wheel Tire Jeans Vehicle

Will and Ryan struck a Deal on a Massey Trailer
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

And a set of OEM wheel weights (not pictured)

DH1 made it and brought his '66 MF10.

Casey came with an empty trailer to match Sparky's non-existent tractor. (Just kidding :poke: thanks for coming guys)
Steve managed to make it to this one with his 314 Wheel Horse.
Ryan brought his MF10, I brought my 63 DB725, SS12 ST16, my Custom7, and KK brought her Commando 8.

We only did one game this year, but had more in the wings if it wasn't a hit. It was called Early Survival Skills and was designed to tie in with our second feature of Indian Artifacts. This was the brain child of my kid. Couldn't be prouder.

You flipped a "Piece of Silver" (quarter) to see if you were a settler or an Indian. (Appropriate Head wear provided :D )
First you had to either Lasso or bolo a stick
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Then you had to go fishing, (magnet on a string with 3 washers in the barrel)
Cloud Sky Vehicle Plant Tire

Lastly, you had to use a Bow and Arrow or a Rifle to shoot your supper (pie pan)
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Plant

All from the comfort of your trusty "steed"
It was scored on points, not time. Our own Caseguy won.
It took a little longer, but the participants seemed to have a good time and the crowd got a charge out of the event and its mishaps.

Speaking of our second feature, I have been to more than a couple artifact shows, and this one had a little of nearly everything found locally. Many of the finds have been very early in history (14,000 to 8000 years old) Many others were from 8000 to the arrival of the early settlers, but all eras of local Native American Culture had some representation. Even some recent pieces from the closest remaining tribe.

A professional knapper did demonstrations thru two days and several other novice knappers and complete newbies to the craft tried their hands at it.
Jeans Leisure Asphalt Hat Grass

Committee Chair Clarence Harvey and Ryan did demonstrations both Friday and Saturday on the At'latl (a hunting weapon used from around 8000 to 2000 years ago)
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Grass
Cloud Sky Jeans Plant Tree

Much ancient information was passed on to new generations and hopefully some will help preserve the information.

I will be adding pictures in the album all day and it can be found here:
http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/gallery/album/659-fcvaec-summer-show-2014/

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice write up Alan, too bad Steve has been disqualified for waking me at 5:30 am. :bigrofl:

I had a great time visiting with everyone and I did use the trailer on the way home. I did not buy anything other than food and a hot chocolate kit while I was there at the show but can't stop thinking of that one knife I liked in the knapping sales section. So Ryan will have to make me one of those in his free time lol.

And put the picture of me actually doing well with the At latl lol. Or at least point out I had a kill shot even after throwing the at latl lol.

#9 ·
Nice write up Alan, too bad Steve has been disqualified for waking me at 5:30 am. :bigrofl:
I had a great time visiting with everyone and I did use the trailer on the way home. I did not buy anything other than food and a hot chocolate kit while I was there at the show but can't stop thinking of that one knife I liked in the knapping sales section. So Ryan will have to make me one of those in his free time lol.
And put the picture of me actually doing well with the At latl lol. Or at least point out I had a kill shot even after throwing the at latl lol.
Ah, the hot chocolate kit. He struggled, but eventually made something that looked like Hot Chocolate. In all fairness, the water was Luke warm as I had warned the staff about not combining Casey, sharp objects and hot things.
:poke:

#11 ·
Looks like a fun time! Glad Will made it down with the Elf!

Reactions: MH81
#12 ·
As Alan said, it was a bestest weekend.

I had a great time. It was my first tractor show, and I really

enjoyed it. Those folks in Cochranton, sure know how to

make one feel at home. I got to meet Alan's mom and

family. Alan, please thank them for all they did.

I'm looking forward to going to their next event. I think

the next FCVAEC event is a GT trail ride in late August.

If not that, the Nov. plow day for sure. I want to reminisce, with

??(what's his name). We had a ball, prepping the Ford pedal

tractor for the kids Tractor Pull. We even cleaned it up real nice, and sprayed

the seat with Armour-All. :D :rolling: :rolling:

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Rolling
Grass Fish Recreation Tool Soil

Attachments

#19 ·
Met somebody who worked at the old Tel-O-Post in Linesville ( he would stand over the degreasing vat to guide things in and out brrrrr ) . Met two fellow members from Canada . Talked about people displaced by govt projects - some US citizens , some Seneca citizens . General bs , spent money at flea market to support those people . Ate pancakes.

Gave my support in best way I could to MH81 family .

Good weekend . Still owe dues to FCVAEC , must rectify that .

Oh . I was afraid to touch the ELF for fear of jinxing it . Pictures do not do it justice .

#20 ·
Additional comment on topics covered . I got a basic explanation of an entity called Stella . My ex sister in law had a sister named Stella . She helped her dad pull motors from cars , no winch no lift '

She was the nice sister of the two . She could act like a lady . Also mentioned to a certain member that an E20 Elec-Trak needs to be reassembled . Glad we could provide some comic relief to Alan .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.