Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

First Off Sorry About Another Tire Thread.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 03:05 PM

I will post some pics once I get them on.  I don't have tire spoons, so they are sitting at the tire shop awaiting tire removal.  I will then sand them down, prime/paint and have them put the tires back on the rims.  I have Ivory White for the color, and red for painting the lug nuts.  Will post when done, finding time to do it will be the hard part.  The honey do list is longer than, well..... my short memory.

#17 Snap1855 OFFLINE  

Snap1855
  • Member No: 59588
  • 27 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hello all first post. And didnt want to create another tire thread. I will be post up my restoration thread
Soon enough. I need tires stat.
I've have actually been reading thru threads on this site for about a month now. I haven't heard any feedback
On the tires that are currently on eBay. "Lawn trac" sold from an outfit from Tennessee. "Atvmaster" is the eBay seller
Name. Here is a link,if it works.
http://bit.ly/1qM4uXP

One thing I seen the actual size seems really close. 25.8 tall and 12.3 wide for the rears.
Fronts,,,18.1 tall and 8.4 wide.

Any thoughts? Experience?

Thanx bryen

Sorry if I made any unallowable mistakes. I'm on a few car sites,,first GT site.
  • tinbender7 and FrozenInTime have said thanks

#18 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 07:56 AM

Welcome to GTTalk.

I have no experience with the tire or the seller but the tires look pretty interesting.

My only comment is that they're insanely expensive.  You can get similar 4 ply Carlisle Tru-Powers in that size (26x12.00-12) for $106 each right now from the site I usually use.  I'm not sure what shipping would be for you but they show an additional $15 per tire to ship here.  That's still WAY less than the $190 per tire he's asking, for an unknown tire no less.

• FrozenInTime said thank you

#19 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 01:46 PM

Welcome to the site!!

I like the tread design.  A couple things concern me though.  They say "designed in USA", but not where they're made...probably meaning overseas.  My recent experience with chinese tires has been that they dry crack VERY quickly, and the tread doesn't last long at all.  They seem to be more nylon/plasticky than real rubber.  I'd want to find out where these were made before spending that kind of money on them.  I have had good success with some upper end Japanese tires.

--Eric

#20 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 11:07 PM

Working on the rims, went to the (AF) base auto hobby shop and their sandblaster is temporarily out of buisness, soooo, went to town and picked up a cheapo blaster from Sears ($59).  I picked up the medium at TSC, black garnet sand.  Not real cheap, but not as bad as the alum. stuff.  I laid out a 12x12 tarp to catch the sand so I could re-use it.  Good thing I thought to do that (think I saw that suggestion on here somewhere, thank-you).  That thing goes through a LOT of sand.... LOL.  It is a slow process, my 175 PSI compressor did not like it very much.  Took bout 3.5 hours todo the 2 front rims, then had to clean up, was getting late in the day.  Those got cleaned off good and primer'd up, will work on the rears when I get the time.  Probably not until next week sometime, got a LOOOOOOONG honey do list. 

I am cleaning sand outa places I did not realize I had... WOW.  I sure am glad I wore a dust mask and goggles.  It was bout 80 degrees outside so I thought I would wear shorts and t-shirt.  Bout 5 seconds into it, I laid everything down and went inside and changed to long sleeves and jeans.  I'm a slow learner, but I sure learned real quick this afternoon... Don't do that AGAIN.... LOL  (OUCH)  I've had 2 showers tonight, I swear I'm still rubbing sand outa pores on my face.  Next time, I AM going to pick up a cabinet blaster.

#21 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 11:33 AM

Finally got the rims wet sanded, cleaned off good then painted.  They look nice.  They have a plastic feel of sorts to them yet, guess that means they are going to need a few more days for the paint to cure.  I'm hoping to put the shoes on them next week, hate see'n the old snapper sitting there on jacks with no shoes, she's just begging to be worked.

• limebuzz and ENafziger have said thanks

#22 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Someone with more knowledge may can chime in, but i've recalled reading here that the lingering tackiness in the paint can be resolved by rinsing the parts with water.  I haven't tried it - but maybe something to look for and see if it applies to the paint you used.

#23 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 04:07 PM

Rims dried well, delivered to the tire store and tires are on.  They look badass!!  Waiting for the hubs to dry, will probably give them a couple days then install them.  I'll take a pic when they are on.  I'm worried the tires/rims will look too nice for the rusty 1855A...LOL.  Oh well, another painting project in the future.

#24 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 10:15 PM

Rims dried well, delivered to the tire store and tires are on.  They look badass!!  Waiting for the hubs to dry, will probably give them a couple days then install them.  I'll take a pic when they are on.  I'm worried the tires/rims will look too nice for the rusty 1855A...LOL.  Oh well, another painting project in the future.

Where's the pics!!! :camera:  :wewantpics: 

#25 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 05:24 AM

I'm not the best photographer, but here she is with new shoes.  I could not wait a couple days for the paint on the hub to harden, I just had to do it.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• limebuzz, Alc, mac102004 and 5 others have said thanks

#26 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 878 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 07:30 AM

Very nice. Looks sweet with the mulyi ribs on the front. I'm thinking thats what i need for the front of on of my XX55 tractors

#27 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Looks great!!!!  What do you have for handles on your valvebody?

#28 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Looks good. Did you load the rears?

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,714 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 05:39 AM

Good looking shoes!

#30 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 10:03 PM

Looks good. Did you load the rears?

No, not at this time.  I'm thinking if I need more weight this winter I will.