• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coop OFFLINE  

coop

• Member No: 669
  • 24 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 09:50 AM

I have a case 646 loader tractor,I would like to take it to the lake and get some work outa her. Problem is the lake is in the mountians with very steep access roads. I do not for see a problem going up the hills,coming down is the problem. I have read about the newer tractors having a holding valve,would this help out with the braking? If so would any one know where to get one? or could I get an after market valve. I have never seen one so if some one had a picture of one that would be appreciated.

thanks

coopPhoto012.jpg Photo013.jpg Photo187.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 11:54 AM

First, make sure your brakes are in good working order. That is the main thing. Second, remember that your bucket can dig in to hold the tractor. Third, I have a counterweight on my 3 ph that I drop to the ground to act like an anchor. Most important, take it slow and keep the bucket low when it is loaded and you are moving. Good Luck, Rick

• MH81 said thank you

#3 Case-Closed OFFLINE  

Case-Closed
  • Member No: 13397
  • 225 Thanks
  • 123 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 12:24 AM

Boyscout is spot on. I have used my 646 on some uneven areas and even with a holding valve there is no super solid brake other than the bucket. My brake works great and the holding valve helps a lot but when it comes to staying put the bucket teeth make a serious brake.

IMG_0855.JPG

Edited by Case-Closed, August 31, 2014 - 12:24 AM.

• MH81 said thank you