Fathers Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58852
  • 849 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 05:46 AM

I don’t know why they call it father’s day when a father can just be a sperm donor.  A dad on the other hand is someone who takes the time to do all the things required to instill that loved feeling. Changes diapers, hold and comfort when sick, teach how to ride a 2 wheeler, teach to read, teach right from wrong. Dads the guy that hooked a rope to the back of the truck and took you sledding down all the country roads.  Dad is the one that let you stand by him when he cleaned his old shot gun with hopps #9 that even today floods the memory’s of him.   He taught you how to shoot a rifle and shot gun. Pointed out the phesants and rabbits too. The guy that makes you jack up a car and change a tire just so you will know how to do it instead of standing by the side of the road hoping some nice person will help you. Dad is the fellow that isn’t afraid to hug you and tell you how proud of you that he is. Dad is the guy that that takes you fishing rather than go with his best buddy. Dad is the guy who tells the store owner that yes that is my son not worth a plugged nickel but I wouldn’t take a million dollars for him.  Dad is the guy that understands a small fry gets cold and needs to get inside and warmed up. Dad is the person who teaches you how to pump the swing to make it go but sometimes it is grandpa.
Dad is the guy that holds you while you cry your eyes out after a boy dumps you and doesn’t mind you saying men are scum. Dad is the guy that takes his daughter canoeing because he enjoys the time alone with her.
Dad is the guy that takes the heat from Mom when you get greasy spending time with dad learning to over haul a old flat heat Ford engine. Dad is the guy that taught you how to plow a straight furrow across the field, set you to mowing hay when you were much younger than cousins and friends at school.  Dad is the guy who was bragging about you when you were a middle aged man.
Dad was the guy who made the rounds to see if you needed something during deer season, always willing to go get a full thermos or a sandwich so you could stay on stand. Quick to go get the tractor and front loader to get your deer out of the woods.
Dad is the guy who worked his tail off to feed and clothe you, buy you a shot gun, rifle and the shells for them.

Dad is the person who fed your dog while you worked out of town then would comment it's your dog, I feed the dog, I shot the bird and the dog takes it to him.
Happy fathers day folks,
:D   Al

• olcowhand, daytime dave, Gtractor and 16 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,581 Thanks
  • 38,979 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 06:44 AM

Happy Father's Day to All!

• hamman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 08:21 AM

Happy Father's day to all here.

• hamman said thank you

#4 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 09:38 AM

Very well said alleyyooper,   My very sincere wish for a great day for all of the fathers out there.                                                                       Roger.

#5 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,208 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 12:16 PM

I guess I did OK, my kids and grand kids all still come to see me, and ask my advice on matters pretty often. If only they knew we were wingin' it! :smilewink:

• hamman and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#6 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,131 Thanks
  • 4,548 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 01:53 PM

I guess I did OK, my kids and grand kids all still come to see me, and ask my advice on matters pretty often. If only they knew we were wingin' it! :smilewink:

Hope all you dad's are having a great day..  I'll have one after I get out of work!

• GTTinkerer and hamman have said thanks

#7 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 04:01 PM

Happy dad's day to all.

We had a little cook out today at.my in laws. This morning me and dad rebuilt the pto clutch on the 107. It was a good time for all.

I am going to go back to painting soon.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,643 Thanks
  • 28,301 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 07:40 AM

It took a couple hours of wakefulness for the kids to remember, but they each told me.
I had the best gift of all with them helping me clean up from the show and all the time spent together.