• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 11:28 AM

I have been working on some plane to build one of these, just haven't had time to get it done yet.

I KNOW there won't be time here to build one.  I see no letup at all in work here till winter....if then!  I'm likely gonna get a lift table soon as I get my lowest price/closest pickup point.

• KennyP said thank you

#17 Hammer OFFLINE  

Hammer

• Member No: 7332
  • 113 Thanks
  • 116 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 02:18 PM

Take a look at these lifts. Local to me and have heard good results from people that have the MC lifts. 

http://www.completeh...motorcycle.html

• Alc said thank you

#18 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 02:37 AM

Take a look at these lifts. Local to me and have heard good results from people that have the MC lifts. 

That TCMLW looks like a pretty god deal but I wonder how wide the base on it is?

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 07:41 AM

The only thing with those are if you have imperfections in your concrete.  I like the full tracked base of the Titan, so it can be used even on concrete with pits or breaks.  No time for me to deal with getting one of any make yet.  I sent the Titan seller a shipping quote request.  The dealers nearest me say they're giving me a $100 reduced price, and it's still $125 higher than the ebay price, so I'm figuring I can get it shipped to a local dock for near that.

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 07:48 AM

Are those side extensions part of the Titian package or extra ?

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 10:52 AM

Are those side extensions part of the Titian package or extra ?

Titan package comes with side extensions, front center extension, wheel vise, lift pole for rear, and hanger pole for fuel tank/etc.  All 1/8" steel platform & extensions.

• Alc and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#22 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 10:17 PM

I have been thinking a lot about getting a lift table for working on GT's, and servicing my mowers.  It's getting harder to get down, then get back up with my knees & everything else getting older.  It would be a great investment, although expensive.  BUT, if it helps prevent injury....priceless!  

Looking at maybe a Titan XLT 1500lb capacity.  A little over a grand not counting shipping, but there are dealers within 50 miles of me, so I'll give them a call to check their prices.  I'd rather just pick one up, but ebay sellers all have pickup near Indianapolis, which is a good haul from me....380 miles round trip.  I can give more at a dealer & maybe still cost less than driving all that way.

attachicon.gifTitan XLT 1500.JPG

That's a good looking lift, Daniel. And, you'll find that 1,500 # capacity is barely enough after you use it a bit. I'd sure encourage you to get it if you can--you won't regret it.

I got to the point where all the kneeling and bending would do a number on the knees and back--sometimes I'd be so stove up after working all day Saturday I couldn't walk well enough to go to church the next day.

I bought an 1,110 lb lift off eBay about 2 years ago--before I had the JD420 or the Bolens machines. Mine is air operated and is sure sweet to use, though I'd probably get one with hydraulic or electro hydraulic if I had it to do again. It won't go all the way up if the pressure in my compressor tank is below 90 psi...

A feature I like is that mine has two wheels at the rear of the frame, and a hole at the front  that's up off the ground about 4-6 inches.  I made a little dolly out of a bent plate with a 5/8 bolt sticking up and two urethane-wheeled casters below, and a handle made of 1/2 inch pipe welded to the plate and running up to a pipe "T".

To move the lift I tilt the dolly up and slide the pin under the hole then push down on the handle--it raises the front end up then I can move it around--kind of like a trailer dolly that fits into the hitch on the trailer tongue... works pretty good.

Smitty

• Alc, IamSherwood and HDWildBill have said thanks

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 07:24 AM

This one I hope to get has 4 dolly wheels underneath for moving it on the floor.  Just a quick zip of each bolt with an air wrench & the dollies extend downward & lift the table.

• Alc, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#24 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 08:07 AM

That design is identical to the one I have... A couple things to be aware of--

- The approach ramps on mine are smooth steel--hard for tractor tires to get enough grip to drive on without a running start... I'm planning to put some expanded metal on mine

- The side extensions have enough play in them that they will open up about 1/4"--enough for a small tool or screw to get wedged in there... if your machine is sitting on the extensions, you may not get the item out of the crack until you remove the machine.  You can solve the problem by putting some washers on the outside of the extensions to keep it snug against the main platform.

FWIW,

Smitty

• olcowhand, MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#25 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 10:46 AM

After looking at both those lift having those instead of what I was wishing for ,  mid-rise car lift . These would work so much better for tractors , with the ability to remove the side extension  you wouldn't be leaning or working around a solid table when it isn't needed  

#26 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 04:04 AM

When I brought my first tractor home a few weeks ago I was inspecting it,,noticed the belts need changed and my next thought was how the heck to work on this thing.  My ramps were not tall enough..lift the whole unit with chain hoist,,, The motorcycle lift is feasible.. This is definitely a good thread.,,and I have yet to change the belts.

Edited by Jazz, October 20, 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#27 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:17 AM

Finances dictated NOT buying a lift table for now.  Hoping within a year or so to snag one.

#28 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 05:21 PM

Still not using mine, junk collector now and in way.  When I explored the net and facebook, there were many neat homemade things that looked better and more out of way when folded. Mine still sets up about 10" or so even when folded. Need ramps to get on to it. I just use car ramps, they stay put and not so angled as the one with lift is. I know a fella with car lift in his shop that just uses a plywood and 2x table about 30" accross or other things too and puts them on the lift arms and uses that for a movable work bench. Seemed pretty good. How about a forklift?  Loader tractor with forks?  Out of way when not needed and usuable for other things when not used for hoist. Could put a platform on the forks you make up and store aside when not used. You Know, there is NO Real Good answer to all this problem, cept getting out of the Hobbie!  Doesn't help when you NEED daily repairs to keep life going but surely is the answer for most of us just tinkering!  That's what I"M doing! :smilewink: :toilethead:

• Alc said thank you

#29 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 09:34 PM

Having a lift would be great! Used to be I just needed something sitting next to where I was working so I could get myself back up to a standing position. Now I need something to lean on to get down too!!
  • Alc said thank you

#30 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,450 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted October 21, 2014 - 05:30 AM

Maybe some of members would share their experiences with different  lifts . My son is in just the planning stages of his pole barn but he too wants a small lift for his motorcycles , tractor 4 wheels and who know what else he drags home lol