Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Not Sure Why I Wanted This....yes I Am....it's Fixable.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 1,210 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 03:16 PM

It's rough but hey,that's most old GT's that i bring in. I have almost nothing in it so if I end end spending some hundreds on it I should still be in the green. The tractor is a 1614 with a factory loader and lot's of cobbling. It also came with dual wheel adapters,grader blade,spare front wheels and tires and a few odds and ends. Somebody really cobbled the loader,cobbled 1 inch front spindles on it,cut part of the console out and went around the ignition switch. It does run and drive good but I have to replace a blown hydraulic hose to find out more about the loader. It's a project but I like the tractor so hopefully it will be a project that I enjoy and enjoy using when I am done. I am sure I will have lot's of questions. Here is a few pictures. Pay no attention to the cab he was building,that is coming off.

Attached Thumbnails

• pk 1614 loader 15.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 14.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 19.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 18.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 10.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 12.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 4.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 17.jpg
  • pk 1614 loader 2.jpg
  • pk 1614 loder.jpg

• olcowhand, Alc, tinbender7 and 8 others have said thanks

#2 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,221 Thanks
  • 7,448 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 03:22 PM

That's a lot of good stuff for "almost nothing".

• rustyoldjunk and Bill 76 have said thanks

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,634 Thanks
  • 1,671 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 03:23 PM

That's a nice looking tractor, it'll be really handy once you get the loader on and working.

If you got it for that cheap then who cares what it looks like as long as it gets the job done! :thumbs:
Good luck

• rustyoldjunk, tinbender7 and Bill 76 have said thanks

#4 smokestack76 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 39328
  • 83 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 03:42 PM

That roll bar is crazy lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  • rustyoldjunk and Bill 76 have said thanks

#5 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,627 Thanks
  • 1,040 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 03:54 PM

Nice Pk :thumbs: ,got a 1614 myself and like it alot but no loader and much like you I got it for allmost nothing---you will like it a lot.

And when you cut off that cab frame you will like it a bunch more

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#6 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,448 Thanks
  • 7,613 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 04:02 PM

Neat I like it

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Seriously nice set of attachments and tractor. It may be a project but when it's done it will be able to handle just about any GT job you need done. 

#8 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,453 Thanks
  • 6,342 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 08:08 PM

My PK opinion:  Not too bad a looker. Didn't notice if two trans?  My observations.....One rear tire on backwards, and worn, and spares worn. Has heavier front wheels for sure,for loader I'm guessing. Cab hardware HAS to GO!  That is older style loader that hangs off frame in front and back, Has the big tank, diff than later ones that are center mount and tanks in risers.  Extra pipe on the arms, needs to go. I would put a bigger box like cross-member down below where the cyls are mounted. Someone has taken that out and now has too light of crossmember there. Should be a 10 or 12"  wide channel, all boxed in for better support from twisting. Not sure why lift arm for lift is so long? Must be a homemade one or lengthened?  I see the lift arm is a repaired area, but that link for god's sake!  Best part of the additions is the snow blade that goes on loader arms and you can then turn it with box tilt cylinders. You block one up in not run position and other one mounts near blade fulcrum to turn it. I had one that I made copying the orig parts plan, it worked pretty good, and handy too for pushing back snow piles up high. Once you've had a PK, the rest might need to go bye-bye, but that looks like a lot of Bye's, according to your pictures, ha!  Don't you ever step back and look at what junk you have and just say WTF do I need all this for?  That's what I'm doing now, in my downsizing mood now.