• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duct tape OFFLINE  

duct tape
  • Member No: 58287
  • 13 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 10:00 AM

I've been playing with my new 1225 and the pedal seems to lose. It goes just fine forward and backward, but is extremely sensitive to the point that just trying to slow down ill lock the wheels up has it try's to spin them backwards. Are there tension springs or something to stiffen the pedal? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm going to let an expert chime in...   But my 1477 bolens had a chatter and was hard to find a zero point.. What seemed to help was the bronze bushing at the frame where the pedal shaft goe's in and thru..  Mine was missing...

Good luck   sodi...

• duct tape said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 09:25 AM

There should be some adjustments with the control rod that connects to the petal, Also like mentioned above check your bushings. If really worn they will cause the petal to have excessive slop. I do stock them if needed.

#4 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 893 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 11:21 AM

On the passenger side of the tractor below the tube frame is the rod that connects the treadle pedal linkage back to the hydro linkage. On the front end of that rod there is supposed to be a spring and elastic stop nut that you can adjust for tension. See if that spring is there and see if the block that the rod goes through is worn. 

#5 duct tape OFFLINE  

duct tape
  • 13 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 10:18 PM

It he spring was stretched so i replace it, I couldn't see what was ment by elastic stop nut, now it keeps forward hen I let off the pedal. I'm going to put on I little longer spring see if that gets my neutral position back. Any pics would be apperciated

#6 duct tape OFFLINE  

duct tape
  • 13 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 10:20 PM

Sorry above should read "the spring"